Demon (Sonic.exe x Reader)

A/n: This was one of the most popular votes for the Halloween one-shots, so I'll give it my best shot. I'm not super familiar with Sonic.exe, so this is a different kind of take on him.

This is also a kind of two in one for Sonic, too. Kind of.

Foreboding. That was the only word she could think of that could describe the black tower. It wasn't exactly discreet, but it made her fur stand on end and her mind begged her to turn around and run away as fast as she could. No doubt it gave everyone else that same terrible feeling.

But she'd come this far, and she knew he was here.

Upon approaching the gate, two black clad Mobians tilted their heads curiously at her. Then, apparently deciding she wasn't a threat, slowly and silently opened the gate. She stared at them with wide eyes; they met her stare evenly. She quickly looked down, hurrying through the gate before they changed their minds.

"He's expecting you." She jumped, glancing back as another Mobian in an immaculate black suit approached her with his hands clasped behind his back.

"He...?" she said, her voice quieter than she would have liked.

"The king," the Mobian said matter-of-factly.

"King?" she echoed. "Of what?"

"Of demons," the Mobian whispered in her ear as he passed her. "Come now, right this way. Best not to keep him waiting."

They kept a brisk pace, passing through the doors and into the frosty interior of the tower. The Mobian led her up several flights of spiraling stairs, his footsteps inaudible even as hers echoed throughout the tower.

Finally, they reached the top of the tower. She doubled over, pressing her hands to her knees as she caught her breath, the Mobian before her not even winded in the slightest.

"This is my stop," he said. "I can go no further." He straightened his jacket and she tilted her head. "Be mindful of yourself. He is called the king of demons for a reason." She glanced uncertainly to the door, opening her mouth to ask a question, but her guide was already gone.

Her tail bushing out, she turned to the large double doors looming before her. The king of demons. She bit her lip and stepped forward, pushing on one of the doors. It swung open, a blast of cold air greeting her. She recoiled, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Don't be afraid, little one." She cracked one eye open, then the other. The doors had opened to a large, circular chamber. In the center was a silver dias, an obsidian throne atop it seating a large Mobian. He wore no crown, but he carried the aura of what she could only assume was the demon king.

"Your Majesty," she said, bowing. "I am (Y/n) the (A/t). I'm here looking for one of your prisoners."

"(Y/n)," the king said. There was a soft rustle and the touch of cold fingers on her chin. She jumped, straightening as he prompted her to. "Curious. Out of every Mobian I expected to come looking for him, you were not one of them."

"It wasn't easy," she admitted. "No one else knew where to look for you."

"Good," the king said with a grin. "It's better that way." A pause. "I assume you would like to see him?" She blinked, then nodded quickly.

"Yes, Your Majesty." He dipped his head and gestured to the door.

"Right this way."

They descended the stairs, but instead of stopping at the ground level, they continued downwards. (Y/n) startled at a loud snarl, glancing over the railing to see cages lining the tower walls, all filled with creatures of every kind. The king of demons.