133

"Please, just one pill won't hurt me. I'm dying." I begged Nate as he helped me with physical therapy.

It's been a couple of days since Colby surprised me with my siblings and I was trying to push myself a little bit harder so I could actually go home to be with them.

Today Nate was helping me with it because Colby was busy with something else.

"I'm sorry, Jules. You know we can't do that. You're doing great though!" Nate encouraged as he handed me a ten pound weight.

"Three sets of ten, then we're done." He said as I groaned. "I can't do it. Everything hurts so bad." I said and pouted my lip out.

"Come on, Jules. You're so strong, I know you can do this." He said with a smile.

I pouted then started doing the sets even though I thought my arms were going to snap in half.

I thought when you got shot that would be the worst part but the muscle dystrophy was absolutely killing me.

It took me a long as time to get through the three sets, but I eventually got it done.

"I'm gonna go get you a water." Nate said and took the weights from me, putting them to the side.

When he left the room I let out a sigh, feeling my eyes fill with tears. I was getting so frustrated because I was constantly in pain.

I was glad I didn't die, but I felt like I was dying from this pain.

I wanted to succumb to my addiction, knowing that pain pills would make me feel so much better. Everyone knew better than to have those out in the open though.

There was no way I would be able to get some.

"Hey, sweetheart." Colby said as he walked into the room with a bottle of water.

"Hey, I thought you were working." I said as he nodded and kissed my cheek, handing me the water bottle.

"I was but now I'm not." He said as I took a sip of water. "So you're gonna hang out with me?" I asked as he nodded. "For a little while." He said with a sigh.

"Everything okay?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah." He said simply. I could tell something was bothering him but I didn't want to pry right now.

I needed to focus on myself and my recovery and there was a slim chance he would tell me what was going on anyways.

"Ready to go back to bed?" Colby asked as I nodded. "When can I go home?" I asked as he shrugged.

"I'm not sure, probably soon since you're getting stronger." He said then took my hands so he could help me up.

I sighed as my legs started to tremble. "We're gonna try and walk there, you can do it." Colby said then started walking backwards, holding my hands.

"I don't want to push myself." I said with a frown. "I won't let you get hurt." He assured as I took a couple of steps.

I got halfway down the hallway before I started to collapse. "I've gotcha." Colby said and scooped me into his arms.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as he shook his head. "Don't apologize." He said then carried me back to the infirmary.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked as he nodded. "I'm gonna get you something to eat." Colby said then left the room. I huffed out a breath then picked at the blanket on my lap.

The toxic thoughts in my brain were convincing me that Colby was mad at me.

He was annoyed that he had to take care of me and that I wasn't getting any better.