(Season 2 Finale) Chapter 18 The Events of a Single Day Pt 2

No one's POV

Later that evening, Yuka was on her way to her room after a long day of work. Working to restore the capital to its former palace really took a toll on her.

Yuka: Phew... I guess I overdid it, this time...

Yuka's walking was wobbly. Her exhaustion was at its peak. Though she did her job according to she was tasked to. Moreover, Yuka was the one who'd taken care of all the other kids who'd stayed behind at the castle. The one who had lost all will to fight were especially fond of her. They knew she'd always done her best, even when she'd been beaten down by despair. She was far more reliable than a faraway Hero who fought on the front lines.

Yuka: He will be leaving tomorrow, huh...?

Yuka's mind wonder to a certain boy. Before she realized and her cheeks started flushing.

Yuka: Haaah... Haaah... Ahhh, jeez! Wait! Why am I thinking of him? Calm down. I need to calm myself down.

However right now, the image of a certain boy kept popping into her mind. The more Yuka tried the not think of him. The more she did. He already saved her three times. He'd saved her at the Great Orcus Labyrinth, then during the Black Wyvern, and now during Lucius's attacked. No matter what she tried, the boys was always on her mind.

Yuka: Noooooooooooo! He's just a friend! That's aaaaaaaaall!

Yuka was acting totally out of character. Normally, this was around the point that Yuka would attempt to calm herself down, but she was so flustered that she continued seeing image of the calm boy her mind had conjured. The moment she'd turn away from the illusion, another one appeared, this time with the same gentle smile he'd had after leaving her to save Kaori.

Yuka: Phew...

She tried to shook her head to clear her mind. But all that out of character stuns made her even more restless that she started to fall unconscious. Her exhaustion was already at it's peak. Her body fell forward, but never reached the ground. Instead, her head rested on a certain person's shoulder.

 Instead, her head rested on a certain person's shoulder

Yuka: Y-Yatagami.

The boy that she'd been trying not to think of was now standing in front of her lending his shoulder.

Sora: Geez. Did anyone ever told you, you work to hard? Take it easy once in awhile. Your body needs rest. Stay still. I'll carry you to your room.

Yuka: N-No! I can walk by myself!

Sora: Tell that to your own body.

Yuka: Ugh...

No matter what she tried to do, her fatigue is already reaching her. With no other choice, she allowed herself to be carried by Sora. She wrapped her arms around the boys shoulder as he lifted her up and started heading towards the room.

 She wrapped her arms around the boys shoulder as he lifted her up and started heading towards the room