Chapter 51

Enjoy Reading...

************************

I was looking at my dark mehendi with a sad smile and caressed the place where his name is written on my palm.

Letting out a sigh, I looked at the box in front of me that Ruhaan sent. Opening the cover of the box, my eyes fell on the thing in it. My eyes stuck on the beautiful red saree with matching ready-to-wear blouse and bangles. I run my fingers softly over the saree as a smile appears on my face at his care for me, even when he was angry with me.

I took the box in the closet with me to quickly get ready. I feel so excited and happy after seeing his gift.

**************************

Author Pov

Ruhaan was discussing something with employees in his office, and after some time he dismissed them.

"Ru, my baby, how are you?" Hearing the annoyingly sweet sound of his best friend, he turned around to look at her boringly. "Ouch!! What?" He rubbed his bicep as Shruti punched him while glaring at him.

"What what? Here I am to meet my best friend instead of sleeping peacefully at home, but you are such an ungrateful brat. See, I am hungry just because of you; now order something like pizza for me," she scolds him, then sits on the couch with a huff while he just keeps looking at her with a done look and orders the pizza for her because he knows her purpose of visiting him is to eat pizza from his pocket.

"I heard we are having a pizza party. So here I am, guys, and no need to thank me...hehe." Shaurya said this and sat beside Shruti, who giggled, covering her mouth, as they planned this pizza party together. "Is it a restaurant?" Ruhaan asked them if they were annoyed by their drama, as his mood was already off from the morning.

"No, Ru, it is our company. Is he becoming Gajani?" Shruti informed him as if he didn't know this, and the last part she whispered near Shaurya's ear in confusion. "Don't know..." Shaurya whispered back, looking at Ruhaan with confused eyes.

Ruhaan takes a deep breath to stop himself from murdering his stupid, annoying best friends. He was about to ask them to quit their drama when he stopped hearing the notification sound on his phone. He took out his phone and saw the message from the hospital they visited the day before. He was about to open the message, but Shruti snatched his phone and put it beside her on the sofa.

He looked at her, annoyed with her. He opens his mouth to say something, but a knock on his door stops him. "Come in," Shaurya said in a serious tone. "Sir, your order." Karan entered the room with pizza boxes and Coke. "Oh, thank you, Karan; please put them here, and this is for you. Enjoy!" Shruti gave him one box of pizza, which he denied, but as she glared at him, he took it reluctantly and left the office, giving her a professional smile.

Both siblings jumped into the pizza, and Shruti closed her eyes, feeling the heavenly taste. Shaurya looked at Ruhaan, who scrunched his nose at seeing them eating like cavemen. "Why are you not eating?" He asked him with his stuffed mouth.

"I am not hungry. Vese bhi, it seems like Ritu aunty has not fed you for decades, so keep going." Ruhaan told me as he started reading the file that was placed on his table. Shaurya shrugged off and then returned his attention to the pizza, which his sister was gulping vastly, making his eyes widen. This started the competition between the siblings over who ate more.

**********************

Ruhaan was making his way towards his car but halted in his steps, not finding his phone as he touched his pocket. Then he remembered that Shruti was playing games on his phone but didn't return it to him. "Shit!!" He cursed himself. He saw Karan standing near his car, ready to leave.