seven.

it had already been two weeks since the accident. evie was getting her memory back and the doctors were saying that it was a miracle she was gaining it back within a week.

she had started to remember more and more about the past six years. she now remembers how she and matt met, how they started dating, and other bits and pieces of their relationship and friendship.

she has weekly checkups with her doctor, though lately, matt's been noticing she's been a little bit distant, especially with him. but he knew she was going through a lot so he never pressed her.

and today, things might as well have took a turn for the worst. 

it started out great, of course. matt woke up at around 3 pm, although he never remembered falling asleep. it was as if he blinked and suddenly the time skipped from the day after evelyn's birthday to two weeks later. everything has been such a blur for him. now that he thinks about it, he couldn't for the life of him remember what he did yesterday. 

anyway, today he walked outside to his minivan standing right there, not even a scratch on it. he didn't know what, but something compelled him to drive to evelyn's today instead of walking. quickly running back inside to grab his keys, matt also grabbed the pug keychain that still lay on his desk. he went back outside and opened the door to the driver's seat. he stands for a moment and after finally sitting down in the car, matt takes it all in.

the last time he was in here, evelyn almost died. clutching the pug keychain in his hand, matt takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. everything will be okay, he tells himself. he closes the door and adjusts his seat and the mirrors. he hangs the pug keychain on his rear-view mirror and puts on his seatbelt before taking another breath and starting the car. after carefully backing out of the driveway and straightening the car out, matt begins to drive.

he starts getting comfortable again, adjusting the seat more during stop signs to the perfect fit. in no time, he's at evelyn's house. only, when he gets there, he sees evelyn sitting on the porch.

and when she sees his car, her eyes go wide. 

matt's heart drops. there's no way she remembers the accident. not now. not when he was finally getting over it himself. matt parks the car and gets out, walking fast towards evelyn, who's still staring off into space.

"evie, hey, ev! you alright?" he asks. evelyn snaps out of her trance and looks at him, almost scared. with a shaky breath, she starts to speak.

"you... you were driving the car. weren't you?"

maha speaks :)

i know this is very fast paced and confusing but i swear it all makes sense at the end, which is just three chapters away haha