𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝟒 ━━ 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

KEY: Y/C/N=YOUR (DND) CHARACTER'S NAME

A Special fem!COSMIC Preview...

Sir Will,

   The final preparations for my visit have officially been made. I could not be more impatient! Tell me, does time move faster in your new lands of Lenora?

   ...Alright, so my Y/C/N's a little rusty. But I guess that's to be expected. I haven't touched my dice set since you left. I am seriously dying out here! I swear time has completely. stopped. Spring break can't get here fast enough. Mike agrees. Then again, I'm beginning to self-evaluate. I have reasons to believe my impatience is annoying even him. Yikes, right?

   Unless you're worried things have changed here in Hawkins since my last letter (I could hardly blame you), they haven't. Not much. Hawkins high is even more rowdy than usual now that spring break is coming up, and I couldn't be more grateful to get the hell out of here. But you've probably heard plenty of it from Mike's letters.

   H̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶B̶y̶e̶r̶s̶?̶

   T̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶

   I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶

   I just need to see you guys. That'll refill my tank, I'm sure of it. I look forward to hearing all about these plans of El's for Mike and I's arrival, seeing your mom and Jonathan (did my thank you letter come for them yet? If not, please tell them no less than a thousand "thank you"s for the scrapbook on my behalf, will you?). And I certainly look forward to seeing you again, Will. It's times like this I'm grateful for you and your mixtape-making skills; it makes it feel like you're closer. (Your first mixtape for me has been a recent favorite).

   See you soon! I miss you.

Sincerely impatient, Y/C/N.

── ☄︎ ──

Dear El,

   Spring break is around the corner and so am I!

   I'm so excited to see you guys, I don't think I could put it into words if I tried. We've talked about it for so long, it's hard to believe I'm flying out this week! (I should be, anyway, by the time you get this.) I have so much to talk to you about, as I'm sure you have so much to catch me up on! I want to hear everything.

   I'm afraid not much has changed here. And no, to answer your previous questions El, I'm sorry. She hasn't been getting back to me either. The truth is, Max has been pulling away for a long time. I worry for her every day. I only see her in the halls nowadays, but it's clear she wants to be left alone. I've let her know countless times I'm here for her, and that you are too. But it's like the more I try the more she tries to hide herself. I'm afraid of pushing her now.

   I guess that's why it's been so lonely here. I mean, I know it is. With you guys in California, Lucas always at practice, Dustin and Mike living and breathing D&D and that stupid club, and Max pulling away... Like I've said, it's been hard keeping up appearances. Especially for Will. I just don't want him to worry. I suppose I'll never stop thanking you for pulling all this out of me. I fully believe these letters are what's keeping me from tearing my hair out. So, thank you, El. Truly. ♡

   I hope you don't worry too much, either. I've got ways to get through the day. You were right, softball has been a big help. It feels nice, I'll admit. To have an outlet for everything. I'm still dealing with a lot of anger, and it hasn't gotten any better. But I'm glad I get to put it somewhere, at least. It's weird though, the "jocks" - the more athletic kids - are being kind of nice to me now. I'm not too sure I like it, but maybe it's too soon to tell. Other than Lucas, there aren't that many people I get along with. Except for one, maybe. Her name's Chrissy, and she's a very popular cheerleader. Very sweet, though. She's nice to me whenever I'm around supporting Lucas. I'm the only one supporting him these days. It's so frustrating. And another reason why I wish you and Will were here; we could all go to his games and cheer him on. Even better, we could bully the others into coming too. He hasn't played much yet, but he's very good. He misses you too, by the way. He says, 'hi'.  :) (<- smiley face added by the dork himself)

     I have about three more pages worth of things to catch you up on, but I guess this letter has gotten long enough. All the more to share when Mike and I fly in! I'm so glad we could make it just in time for Will's birthday, I was worried we wouldn't. Thank you again for all your help arranging everything. He's not gonna know what hit him. He is always guessing my surprises, so this time, I hope we have some luck throwing off any suspicions.

   I think you are right; we will have the best spring break ever. I'm determined. I wish you good luck with your project and the rest of school! (And please, let me know if she gives you more trouble. You know I understand bullies plenty, and not wanting to make things worse later. As long as you know I'm in your corner, alright? P̶l̶u̶s̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶) Just think. By the end of this week, we'll be eating cake, playing games... Everything will be a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ perfect.

   Can't wait to see you. :)

   Love, Y/n.