five

05. Live Through This

Five Years From Now,

After spending some time at the Mikaelson-Connor residence with the triplets, Nova was picked up by her father and taken home, which happened to be on the same street as Aria and Kol, and Klaus and Caroline.

Currently, Nova sat on the floor in the living room, drawing with her crayons while her father was in the kitchen, making her favorite grilled cheese sandwich.

"Daddy, how much longer?!" Nova yelled, "I'm starving".

"Two more minutes, little Nova!" her father yelled from the kitchen.

Nova sighed and went back to drawing when suddenly the front door opening caught her attention, immediately a huge smile formed on her face realising her mother was home.

"Hello?!" A voice called out, "Where's my little Nova and her very handsome father?!".

"Mommy!" Nova yelled, standing up and running right into her mother, Rebekah Mikaelson's arms.

"Hey baby" Rebekah greeted, picking her daughter up in her arms and spinning her around, making Nova giggle, "How was your day at RiRi's?".

"It was great" Nova replied, "Did you know Asher promised me that once we are older he will flirt with me?".

"He said what?!".

Rebekah and Nova looked towards the kitchen door, where a very annoyed Enzo St. John stood.

"Clearly me and Asher need to have a talk" Enzo said, making both mother and daughter roll their eyes.

"Don't you dare say anything to Asher" Rebekah warned.

"Your nephew is hitting on my daughter" Enzo argued.

"Your daughter is the one who announced to everyone that Asher's her future husband" Rebekah retorted.

Enzo looked at his daughter with narrowed eyes, "Why do you do things like this?".

"Because Care Bear told me I need to stake my claim before someone else takes him" Nova replied.

"Okay, so I need to start making a list of the people I need to talk to" Enzo mumbled.

Rebekah shook her head at her boyfriend, "You know, one day she's going to date someone, you should be glad it's Asher she's interested in, someone we both know and love and not some stranger from the street".

"Exactly" Nova said, nodding at her mother's words.

Enzo shook his head and walked closer to his daughter and girlfriend, "You two are going to be the death of me" he said, placing a peck on Rebekah's lips, "How were Lizzie and Josie?".

"They were great" Rebekah replied, smiling at the thought of the girls who though weren't hers biologically, but she did give birth to.

"Daddy, where is my food?" Nova asked, making both Enzo and Rebekah laugh.

"Come on" Enzo said, taking Nova from Rebekah's arms, "Let's get you to the kitchen, where your grilled cheese is very impatiently waiting for you".