~Chapter 112~

A/N: Hello! Sorry it's been a while, I've been getting so sick lately and had no mental capacity to write. This chapter is a bit short and very filler-esque but hope you enjoy anyway :)

"Hiya, love," Harry addressed Piper with a smile as he walked into the living room that afternoon, "how was school?"

"Hi, daddy!" Piper jumped off the couch and ran to him with open arms, "School was okay. We were doing Lego building, but I wasn't very good," she said with a sigh as Harry took her in his arms, "everyone's were better than mine."

"Oh, don't worry, Piper. Lego building can be hard," Harry assured with a smile as they pulled away, "I'm sure yours still looked great."

"I don't like learning architexture," Piper huffed, "I'm not good at it."

"That's okay, love. Architecture's not for everybody," Harry subtly corrected her as he gently smoothed down her hair which was sticking up in some places, "not being good at it just means it's not really your thing. That's fine."

"Really?" Piper asked him.

Harry nodded. "You don't have to be good at everything, Piper. As you grow up, there'll be heaps of things you won't be good at. But there'll also be heaps of things that you do so well in. Like your English," he nudged her, "aren't you top of your class in reading and spelling?"

Piper started smiling and giggling a little before nodding at him.

"There you go. There's always going to be things that other kids will do better than you, Piper. But never forget that there are other things that you're definitely better at than them, too."

Piper giggled again. "Thank you, daddy."

Harry smiled at her once more and kissed her forehead before speaking again.

"Piper," he began slowly, "your mum and I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" She asked as Harry went over to me and sat down beside me on the couch.

"Well..." Harry's smile grew, "Piper, your mum and I are engaged."

"What does that mean?"

"It means we're getting married, Piper."

Piper gasped as her blue eyes began to widen. 

"Married?" She asked, "Like in the Disney movies?"

"Pretty much," Harry said with a chuckle.

"YAY!" Piper squealed and ran over to us before jumping into our arms, "YAYYYYY!"

"Oh, Piper!" I laughed and put my hand around the back of her head, "We knew you'd be excited, but not this excited."

"Of course I'm excited!" Piper beamed at us, "If you get married, that means Harry will be my real daddy, just like I always wanted you to be!"

She threw her arms around our necks and hugged both of us tightly – her head resting against Harry's shoulder as she delightedly giggled.

Well...I suppose she's not entirely wrong...

"Aw, Piper," Harry chuckled fondly and kissed her head once more, "that's very sweet of you, love."

"How did you get 'engaged', anyway?" Piper was curious, "What does it mean?"

"Well..." Harry smiled, "I bought a special ring for your mum, and I asked her to marry me. That's pretty much all there is to it."

"A ring?!" Piper gasped, "Can I see?"

"Of course, baby," I showed her my left hand where the ring Harry bought for me was sparkling on my finger, "have a look."