Bonus Chapter 10: First Aid Fantasies

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

I know I said it will be the Vegas chapter next, but I ended up writing another one so the Vegas one will be soon.

So without further ado, the chapter-

Aaron returned to my lips, placing one hand on my cheek whilst his other hand slid down the length of my body and squeezed my waist. In response, I tugged his hair hard.

"Avalon." Aaron moaned into my neck and that's the moment when I pulled away.

Aaron's POV on the night he said Avalon's name.

       ________________________________

"Lexi?" Aaron called, my voice curious. He had just spent the last five minutes helping a very drunk Danny vomit upstairs, so seeing Lexi's form by the snack table was a sight for sore eyes. Well, the back of her head, given that it was what he could see right now.

"Lexi?" He called again, but this time with a tinge more of concern, due to the fact that her back was still to him. Had he done something to upset her? She had been smiling at him a mere 20 minutes ago: a sight that he had saved to memory.

"Yes?" Her voice finally arose after a moment of silence but, strangely, she still didn't turn to him. Perhaps, what was stranger was the fact that her voice was off; forced almost.

"Are you okay?" He enquired, hands tensing to his side for reasons he wasn't even privy to. She was keeping something from him and the thought scared him entirely.

Another beat of silence passed.

"More than okay. I'm super!" She finally said, coming off as forced again and he knew something was up, making him move closer, so much so that he could smell her lavender scent.

"Well, you sound happy." He spoke warily, trying to keep the paranoia at bay. It would be best to not jump to conclusions but it was hard not to when she was not acting herself. A part of him urged him to turn her around himself, but he wouldn't do that. He wanted to hear whatever it was by her own willing; as though she'd want to entrust him with something. Besides, it wasn't like she could run anywhere anyway, not with him in her way.

Lexi laughing loudly pulled him out of his thoughts.

"I guess, it's because I'm having such a good time!" She lied again and Aaron briefly wondered why. What could she possibly try to hide from him? It made him think of how little he knew of her. He so badly wanted to eradicate the darkness and the secrets between them but, for that, he'd have to deal with this head-on.

"Turn around, Lexi." He spoke bluntly, letting her know that he was getting impatient now. He didn't miss the way her shoulders tensed at his words, making his curiosity and concern grow all the more.

It would only continue to grow as the silence passed before she turned around slowly, body stiff.

Dread.

How else could he begin to describe how he felt in that very moment that he saw the crimson stain running down her mouth, her doe eyes wide with nerves. It broke his heart; the urge to make her better insatiable. So, he gave into that urge, stepping towards her, but she put up a palm, stopping him in his actions.

"Please, Aaron." She pleaded. For what, he didn't know, but he didn't care either. Not when she was in pain in front of him and she didn't even call for his aid. It made his temper rise as he ran a hand through his hair roughly.