Calming the Village

"Guy calm down for now. Let Shizune and Lady Tsunade handle Lee. Don't worry he will be alright." Kakashi said as he brought Guy back to his bed and made him lie down.

Guy also didn't struggle and laid down but his eyes were still fixed on Lee. He knew that somewhere he was also responsible for Lee's current state. He had influenced Lee to such an extent that now the kid was basically on the hospital bed covered in bandages top to bottom. The worst part was he could even be crippled for his entire life and this hypothesis was made by the best medical shinobi not just in the hidden leaf but in the entire shinobi world.

Guy then looked at Kakashi and asked "What is the state of the village? and where are Asuma and his students?"

Kakashi assured his friend as he said "The village is safe now. Everyone is helping each other out and the casualties on our side were very low compared to the destruction that was caused in the village. Anbus are still accessing the rest of the village where there were no fights just to be sure. As for Asuma, he is with Hokage-sama. I think he must have taken his team along with him."

"The higher-ups are going to be pissed." Kurenai said making everyone turn in her direction.

"Why do you think so Kurenai?" Shizune asked. Except for medical jutsus and some fighting, Shizune was a pretty naive girl. Even after staying with Tsunade for so many years, she hadn't changed a lot.

Before Kurenai could say anything Yami interjected "The attack originated from the inside rather than from the outside. The sand ninjas were staying in the village and we were the ones that invited them. The Kazekage was Orochimaru. All this was happening at the same time and the intelligence division had no clue. This is a major intelligence failure and there may be the fault of other departments as well but now that Lord 3rd is injured someone will be made into a scapegoat."

The grownups in the room raised their eyebrows at what Yami just said. What he said was exactly on point. The entire thing flew over the heads of the kids except for Sasuke. He had been taught such things by Fugaku so Sasuke understood the entire thing.

Shizune gave a look to the nurses and they quickly understood. They just nodded and left the room. She then looked at Yami and asked "Who might you be?"

"Heh...that's my student." Guy who was in little pain said proudly.

"Oh so he is the other member of your team?" Shizune asked.

"Yess He is...."

BAMM

The door opened widely and a woman walked in. The grown-ups quickly recognized her. She was Tsunade Senju. She looked at all the people in the room and said with an annoyed face "Why are so many people crowding the room of a patient?"

"Lady Tsunade they are here to see Guy and Lee." Shizune quickly explained. Yami had noticed that Shizune's behavior was less childish compared to how she was in the canon but in front of Tsunade, she would instantly become an obedient child.

Tsunade then looked at Kakashi and after staring for a good few seconds she said "Kakashi brat you have grown up now."

'He still has the habit to hide his face behind that mask. I thought it was just a teenage thing. He does look a lot like his father.' Tsunade thought.

"Thank you, lady Tsunade."Kakashi said. He had heard a lot about this woman and the worst thing was her temper.

Shizune decided to introduce Kurenai as well and said "Lady Tsunade she is Kurenai. My childhood friend."

"Ohh...the one you used to be jealous about. Now that I see her I can say she is worth being jealous of." Tsunade said looking at Kurenai. This made Shizune shake her head in embarrassment and made Kurenai blush a little.

"Let's go to the Hokage building. Asuma along with his students and that stupid Jiraya are waiting there." Tsunade said. She then looked at Shizune and asked "Any change in Lee's condition?"

Shizune shook her head and said "No Lady Tsunade he is still the same."

"No change is better than things getting worse." Tsunade said and left the room.

'She seems to be pissed.' Kakashi thought.

Yami knew the reason for her gruntled mood. Her sensei was in a coma, the village her grandfather had founded was in such a bad state and when her village needs her most, she had her phobia of blood which means she couldn't fight at her full capacity, and neither can she heal injured people on her own.

'She must have had Shizune patch up Lee and only seen his reports to come to this conclusion. If she doesn't get rid of her phobia soon, Lee might end up a cripple permanently.' Yami thought.

"Damm Lee is in such a bad state. Was it really worth it pushing the limit to such an extent?" Kiba asked.

No one was answering his question as they all felt bad for Lee.

"If he was able to save the people he was protecting then even death is worth it for him." Yami said in a casual tone.

Everyone was stunned when they heard this. What Yami just said could be seen as highly insensitive as well as a noble sacrifice.

"Let's not discuss all this here. Lady Tsunade must have a reason to call us to the Hokage building. Let's not keep the people waiting." Kakashi said.

The entire group bid their goodbyes to Guy and Shizune also instructed a few nurses to give special attention to Guy and Lee. She also told them to alert her instantly if any change appears in Lee.

As they entered, they saw that everyone was busy in the building and things were moving fast. Everyone had got on with stabilizing the village again. While all this rush, Yami heard a pair of calm footsteps coming in his direction. He could sense that the footsteps were just around the corner.

As Yami came closer to the footsteps he saw an old man with one eye bandaged walking in front of two people. The man had a gloomy expression on his face. This man was none other than Danzo.

----------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.