Chapter twelve

Hangover – your body telling you that you're an idiot.

Throbbing pain in my head, dry mouth and one hell of a lazy evening in coming. I open my eyes and close them right away when I see the ceiling spinning. Damn it, how much did I have to drink?

I close my eyes again, and inhale exhale a couple of times. When I open my eyes for the second time, the room is still. I look around a couple of times and register that I'm in my own room, I let out a relived breath. I haven't been this hangover since New Year's Eve last year when the whole team decided to celebrate how successful the year had been for all our missions.

Now I find myself laying in my bed. I try to move, and the throbbing pain in my head returns instantly. I groan and sit up slowly, the last thing I remember from yesterday is that we caught John Reynolds, he was an easy grab compared to my other targets. We got all the information we needed, way faster than anticipated, and therefore we went out to celebrate. I remember me and Daniel drinking, having fun and then he disappeared to meet his date. After that it's a big cloud of nothingness.

I rub my head and look around to make sure I'm alone and didn't bring someone home. My eyes land on the glass and pill next to me, the glass has a note saying "Choke on me baby" and the pill has a note saying, "Swallow me like you sw-" I stop myself from reading further. Fucking Rodriguez. He must've seen me come home.

I jump up from the bed but stop when I notice that I'm in a big t-shirt instead of the clothes I was wearing yesterday. The smell is familiar – citrisy, musky and a hint of spice. It's Bruno's shirt, how the hell did I end up in his shirt? Did he undress me? I'm going to kick his ass so hard, he's going to see stars by the time I'm done.

Exiting my room, I run to the bathroom before he can see me. One glance at the mirror tells me that I look as shitty as I feel. My hair is sticking out everywhere, the makeup from yesterday is smudged and my eyes look tired. There's a bruise on my collarbone? Oh God.

"Noooo!" I whine, while something drags me by the waist. "You're such a partypooper!"
The man behind me scoffs, and his grip tightens.
"And you're such a fucking child, get in the damn car."
"I'm not going anywhere!"

I turn around to see the man dragging me, and my eyes land at the scar slashing through his brow.

He was there! Bruno was at the damn club, we must've met there. The bruise on my collarbone, is it his doing?

I brush my teeth and try to fix my hair as much as I can before I storm out the bathroom. My eyes land at him immediately, he's in the kitchen. He's about to take a bite of his sandwich when he finally realizes I'm there, as his mouth opens to say something I jump at him.
"What did you do!" I shout, tackling him down.

He falls to the floor and takes me with him, the sandwich flies right out of his hand.
"Hey! I was fucking eating that you witch" he snaps, I straddle him and raise my arm to punch him but he grabs my arm in seconds and yanks me down, so he gets the upper hand. He uses his weight to hold me down as I try to get my arms free.

"Why am I in your t-shirt?! Where the fuck did that bruise come from?" I yell, first he tilts his head and it looks like he's confused, then a smirk appears on his face.
"We fucked, that's how"

I gasp, "You piece of shit."
"I liked it better when you called me daddy."

My eyes widen, I did not call him that! Did I? No fucking way. Never. He's lying.
I snake my feet up and before he can see what's happening, I wrap them around his neck and push so he falls right off and I'm on top of him again,
"I did NOT call you that! You're lying!"
"You did, you even told me how I'm the best person you've ever laid with and how I'm the only guy that has made you come, how much you wish I was your husband because I'm so hands-"

"STOP!" I yell, refusing to hear more.

I'm caught off guard when he places his arms around my waist,
"Look, you're already in position for another round" He grins, and I want to punch him but instead I jump off of him and take a couple of steps back. He's right, I'm in his shirt and the bruise. We slept together.

Oh God, we slept together? And I can't even remember it?

"Relax," He pushes off the floor, and goes back to his food like nothing. I stand there in shock, how can he be so casual?
"Excuse me? Relax?" I repeat in disbelief, "you want me to relax?"
I have a hundred questions going through my mind. How did it happen? Did we use protection? Was it good?

"God Amalie, we didn't sleep together."  Wait what? We didn't? He doesn't even look at me, he's busy making another sandwich,
"We didn't?"
"I barely tolerate you sober, what makes you think I'd sleep with you while you're drunk? Even if I did, sleeping with you in that state would be considered rape, muneca." He's right, I was so far gone that I don't even remember anything today.

He just wanted to mess with me, God this man knows exactly how to get on my nerves.
"Don't joke about that again!" I snap,
"Why?" He chuckles, "did you wish it was true?"
"You think this is funny?" I raise a brow and walk closer to him. He looks down at me smiling.
"I do." 

He takes a bite of his new sandwich,
"It's what you get for filling my entire office with that picture you took. I should've done worse."
I let out a humorless laugh, "That's your payback? You think this is some sort of game?"
"It is muneca, and I'm winning." He answers with a blank expression.

A sarcastic smile pulls on my lips, as I walk closer to him. He stands still, challenging me right back.
"You want to play? Let's play love, I'll beat you repeatedly. Until you're out of this damn apartment." 

I just started a war with Bruno Rodriguez, one apartment and two enemies. The winner stays, and the loser moves, I neverlose.

"May the best man win." He smirks,
I lean in until I'm right next to his ear, and correct him, "best woman."
"Game on, baby."

////
Short chapter today, long one tomorrow I promise!! -Red