Scars- 14

lowkey me rewriting the last chapter I did with this prompt.

Peter waited as the gash on his shoulder slowly closed up.

It took longer than the others. The whole vulture incident got him pretty bad but it was fine because he always healed. Always.

Though, there was one wound that just wouldn't heal. Well, it was getting better but just very slowly or maybe there was more that needed to heal.
It was deep after all.
Peter remembers the excruciating pain he felt as a mechanical claw dug into his shoulders and lifted him up off the ground. A shiver runs through him at the thought every time.

It took weeks and weeks for the inflamed mark to create a thick scab and the scab to finally fade away and turn into a jagged, white mark on his skin that traveled from his shoulder blade to almost his collarbone. It didn't heal any more from there. He didn't know he could have scars. He thought they would always close up. Every stab wound, every bullet that pierced his skin had taken maybe a week at most to be fully gone.

It kind of scared him. This invincible feeling he'd had since getting these powers sunk away because apparently, not all his wounds would heal. The euphoric feeling of being a super-hero made it easy to forget that he too was mortal.

It was a little embarrassing to Peter that he had such a scar. He's supposed to be as powerful as Captain America. Captain America doesn't have a big scar along his shoulder from some stupid Big Bird themed criminal.

So, Peter tried to hide it. It wasn't very hard to do so, as it was along his shoulder and he didn't exactly wear anything but t-shirts and hoodies, but then, something happened in gym.

"Yeah, Peter has a cool scar."

In Ned's defense, he doesn't know about Peter's little internal struggle, nor did he tell anyone how exactly he got that scar. He just mentioned that he has one. That's all.

He still gave his friend a look of exasperation though.

Peter wasn't listening when they'd started the conversation, but the class had been talking about scars and stories behind them. They were all pretty much the same, cat scratches, accidents that happened when they were kids, falling in the street, or one of them who had fallen down the stairs holding a pair of scissors. Abe got a deep cut on his finger from his AP physics textbook a few months ago.

Flash closed his finger in his locker. Peter had chucked under his breath at the thought.

"So Parker, what's this crazy scar of yours? Step on a lego? Stub your toe on an Ironman suit," Flash teased.

He had actually done that once. Screw stepping on a lego, that hurt so much more.

"Uh," he stuttered, "No, it's nothing really, Nothing, like, cool."

"C'mon Peter contribute! We showed ours and the stories, you show yours!"

Ah yes, peer pressure at it's finest.

Peter hesitated. He only has one. He used to have a small one on his hand from when he'd gone to Mr. Delmar's and kitten-Murph had latched onto his hand but it'd sealed after the bite.