🎴ᑎIᑎTEEᑎTᕼ🎴

(3rd POV)

Kakucho's face darkened with rage, his other fist was so tightly closed that only without gloves could his nails cut through the skin of his hand. He hissed, "I said don't, right?"

The murderous gaze of their boss was enough to cause the eyes of every guard to widen. A guard stammered in terror as he instantly explained why they were attacking her, "I'm sorry sir... We're just obeying-"

He didn't complete his explanation when Kakucho immediately pulled another trigger aimed at them, resulting in another loud blast inside the room. The bullet didn't hit anyone but the wall, Kakucho intentionally missed his shot to frighten the guards.

The guards immediately released their grip on Jun, and she collapsed to the ground. She placed her hand on her neck, panting and coughing endlessly. Even while the color on her face is gradually returning, tears are already starting to gather in her eyes.

"ALL OF YOU, OUTSIDE! NOW!" Kakucho ordered the guards, and they complied immediately, even sprinting as they did so. He waited for every guard to leave before approaching Jun while tucking his revolver in his suit's gun holster.

Jun's sight blurs, but one thing for sure she saw someone walking in her direction. Her heart beats rapidly as her eyes were filled with panic while backing away from him.

"Hey, it's ok," Kakucho calmly said while he knelt in front of her, she stopped backing away when he placed one arm on her nape for support. "They're gone now,"

He brushed her hair out of her face to check on her condition while she was still breathing loudly. Kakucho searched for any wounds, and he noticed one. "You have a cut," he mumbled.

As soon as he noticed the cut on her cheek, he immediately moved his hands from her nape to her shoulder, he placed his other hand on the backs of her legs and lifted her bridal style off the ground.

They went towards the bed and let her sit down. He also sat down next to her and grabbed his clean blue handkerchief from his suit's interior pockets. Kakucho brought his face closer to Jun to examine the cut.

"Sorry if this hurt," he broke the silence.

She hissed when the cloth came in contact with her skin. He's doing the best he can to be gentle. Jun's eyes remained fixed on the ground as she asked, "Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?" his brows furrowed, he continued to tap the small blood and asked again, "Treating you?"

"No," Jun replied. "Why did you command those men to let go of me? You obviously knew that they only ambushed because I'm attacking you, so why are you siding with me?"

"You've been through a lot of physical damage, you know. The first time you saw me again, Sanzu had been tormenting you, and then the second time we met, some guards just choked you to death." Kakucho stated that makes the female cop bit her gum on the other side of her mouth. "I just don't know if it's coincidence or bad karma that you usually get into trouble when we meet."

"It's neither of the two, but that still doesn't explain why you're still not on their side,"

"They're just overreacting, your attack doesn't hurt that much." Kakucho countered. Jun glanced at the man next to her, a small pink mark was visible on his cheek right below his red eye, which definitely came from the kick she landed on his face.

He continued, "You almost blacked out because of the punch,"

"Oh, so you pity me, huh? Guess what, I can handle that hit," Jun debated.

He raised a brow in return and mocked, "Oh yeah?"

"Of course, I can, but without the choke though," she replied with a hint of pride in her voice. "Those are a foul move, they're also teaming up against me while I'm only one."