Part 2: Chapter 36

Chapter 36
Ares

To nobody’s surprise (well, maybe Luca’s), we boarded the Ferris Wheel fairly easily despite the long line. After we got into our passenger space which conveniently only held the four us plus Dummie, my octopus, the wheel started to slowly turn.

The ferris wheel wasn’t exactly the biggest but it was still at a height enough to show whoever was at the top the whole carnival and the grounds surrounding it.

I, unfortunately, had the misfortune of losing against a game of rock scissors paper between Apollo and Triton so I was stuck squished in between the glass walls of the cabin and Triton’s slightly trembling but huge body while Apollo enjoyed his night with Luca’s hand firmly in his as they laughed and giggled like an adorable couple on a fucking date (AN: I soo get you Ares bb).

Glancing at my side, Triton was trying his best to stay calm as we slowly reached the top. Even though Dummie was on his other side and he wasn’t anywhere near the walls, his eyes were nervously glancing at the view below us and sweat was starting to coat his forehead.

“Triton, dude, what the fuck, I swear if you end up throwing up I’m gonna be pushing you off this thing” I said jokingly but apparently the ‘joking’ part didn’t process inside his little brain because he turned to me with wide, panicked eyes.

“Gods, Ares” he gasped, “Do not do that, please, for the love of gods”

Raising my hands in front of me in defense, I turned to Apollo and Luca who joined in on the conversation.

“I’m sorry for forcing you to get on” our little lover immediately apologized, looking guilty as he leaned forward to hold Triton’s hand.

Slowly, Triton shook his head. “I-it’s really not your fault, Luca. I didn’t want to miss out so I forced myself to, don’t blame yourself babe”

Still feeling guilty, Luca turned to look at me and then Apollo as if asking for help.

“Are you sure?” Apollo asked first, “We could always ask the people below to let us down early. It’s no problem at all, just say the word”

Triton continued to shake his head, “No no, don’t let me ruin you guyses fun. I could just close my eyes, yeah, I mean, it’s just a few minutes off ground, I mean what could go wrong?” he tried laughing it all buty failed miserably.

His hands were now frantically massaging the other as we arrived at the top. Luca’s eyes drifted and his eyes immediately sparkled seeing how beautiful everything looked from the top.

I shot another glance at Triton and found his eyes soften at the sight of Luca enjoying, though his hands were still frantically moving. Grumbling at a stupid idea forming in my mind, I looked away from Triton and towards the scenery as I reached for his hands and held it tightly in mine (AN: you aresxtriton bitches happy? well, you should be because this is all you’re gonna get ;P)

“Don’t fucking think of this as anything special” I grumbled, focusing on the view, “I just don’t want you ruining our fun”

It was quiet but I was sure I heard a ‘thank you’. I ignored it and simply continued admiring the sight as Triton’s hands slowly stopped shaking.

*

It was getting pretty late when our ferris wheel ride finished so the four of us decided to get one last look around the carnival before going home.

I volunteered to drive on the way back since it wasn’t too far. Both Apollo and Triton were incredibly happy to oblige, carefully we all got in the car with Apollo and Triton in the back and Luca with me in the front seat.