26

A camp had been set up just a few miles south of the battle grounds, small white tents set up every few metres away from each other, miniature camp fires around and large groups of soldiers preparing their possibly last warm meals. You had sent out a small, armed troop of soldiers consisting of seventy of your sharpest people to scope out the area and to tell you what you were working with. You would have gone yourself but you were needed at the camp.

You sat in one of the medical tents, one of the more quiet places, taking up space on the floor, sitting cross-legged with your hands holding up your head as you stared at your camp. You were exhausted. You hadn't had a good nights sleep in days, you had been working from dawn until dusk for months now, and you were still stuck with that damn headache from yesterday. You didn't know what to do. You couldn't sleep: didn't have the time. You couldn't ignore it: you'd been doing that for a while now. You sure as hell couldn't speak to someone about it: if the soldiers found out that their general was sleep deprived and scared shitless, they would start to panic and panicking soldiers is not good for any war. So, you were left to sit by yourself and internally panic whilst you blankly stared at the floor.

You were about to begin panicking about the soldiers you had just sent out when you heard a light knock on one of the poles holding up the tent. You tensed before you swung your head around to face the knock. Standing awkwardly, having to lean over slightly due to the fact that he was taller than the tent, was Technoblade, decked out in the purple glowing armour you had come to hate. His hair had been tied up into a bun allowing the piercings in his ears to glow in the glowstone light. He abandoned the cloak he usually wore and had seemed to replace the mask you had grown used too and now wore a much more terrifying mask, one made of the real skull of a piglin brute, though the tusks on the mask had been sharpened into deadly points.

The two of you stared at each other for a moment, your eyes wide as you realised you had been caught mid-panic and were in fact being looked at whilst you were sat on the floor, looking like a child in the middle of a tantrum.

"How can I help?" you questioned in a shaky voice with a small (but very fake) smile.

"I think I should be asking you that" Technoblade responded, still not moving from his place at the threshold. "May I enter or would you rather be left alone?"

You shrugged. "It's up to you, I don't own this tent"

Technoblade looked at you before walking into the tent, turning around and pulling a sheet across the opening that acted as a door, giving the two of you privacy, away from the prying eyes of your soldiers. Once the sheet was pulled, Techno instantly went to take of his mask, rubbing the bridge of his nose where the mask seemed to be uncomfortably pressing against his skin.

"What time are we bringing our divisions out into the field?" Technoblade asked you, taking a seat on the medical bed that sat in the corner of the tent. You were sure that his armour was digging uncomfortably into him.

"Not until early morning" you answered. "I sent out a recon team when we arrived here. They should be back in the next few hours. Once they've returned, we all get a last few hours of rest and prep time and then our plans will begin"

There were a few moments of silence as Technoblade nodded. You watched as he straightened his back, attempting to allevitate the pain of his armour pressing into him.

"Are you planning on taking any of that armour off or are you going to live in it and pretend there isn't any pain?" You asked with the same look a mother would give their child if they annoyed her.

Technoblade let out a small chuckle at your tone. "I would but I'm sure you know that taking off armour is a two person job and I can't seem to find Aegeus, so it seems I am stuck"