34: feelings

This chapter is long, so comment a lot & vote bc we made #193 in fan fiction!! :-)

Jess

Gemma and I listen to the radio as we drive to Julia's hotel. Ryan Seacrest was in the middle of discussing Kimye and their daughter.

"Hey, I bet you and Harry can be the new Kimye. I can totally see it. Jessry?" She says, then says it a couple more times as if she's testing how it sounds.

"It's Jarry," I correct, swiftly.

"Jarry?"

I nod.

"Sounds boring."

I laugh. "We are most definitely not boring."

"Don't you dare start talking about yours and my brother's sex life or I swear I'm throwing you out of this car," Gemma threatened.

I laugh even harder. "That's not what I meant at all, Gem."

Gemma tapped her hands on the steering wheel to the beat of a Ella Eyre song. "So, spill how you and Haz got together. Cause I know you two have liked each other for a while now, right?"

"Well, I have," I mutter. This was so awkward and I don't know why. Probably because this was Harry's damn sister.

She scoffed. "So has he. You don't even know, love. Anyways, just tell me!"

"Well, he came to Washington and then on our last day there, we went to this beautiful place I used to go to when I was little. We brought our cameras and everything and took pictures, then he asked me out..."

"But he has before," she blurted nonchalantly.

"Wait what?"

"He's asked you out before."

"How did you know?"

"Harry tells me things."

"Like what?"

She smirked. "That's for me to know and you to...not."

I point over to the hotel off on the left. "Here take the left. It's right there."

She does just that and we park in one of the spaces, Gemma turning off the car. The car floods into silence and she speaks up, turning her body to face me.

"Harry really cares about you, Jess. Do not let him go. Not to put any pressure on you or anything, but he'd be absolutely unrepairable if something happened between you two."

I held my breath and took in everything Gemma said. It was strange because that's exactly what would happen to me if something were to happen between Harry and I. That's exactly what I told Harry, too.

"Okay?" She concluded.

I nod my head. She smiles at me and I leave the car, jogging into the hotel due to the light rain. I walk straight to the elevator and press the third floor button. I wanted to make this as quick as possible before risking any paparazzi coming with Julia around. I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate that one bit.

"Excuse me, you dropped this." Someone tapped on my shoulder and I turn around to see a boy holding up my burgundy beanie. How did I not feel that fall off?

"Um thank you," I say quickly and quietly. I pushed my sunglasses closer to my face and to be honest, I felt like an idiot wearing them indoors.

I saw the recognition flash across the boy's eyes right when the elevator doors opened. I smile at him again and hurried into the metal contraption. Once I turned around, I saw the boy take out his phone and try to sneakily take a photo of me.