Chapter XVIII: Travesty

~.~

"Friends can sometimes be your worst enemies..."

~.~

They were now reunited. Both Hinata and Takemichi were finally reunited, just aching to communicate with one another. Hinata's apartment was clean as ever, and the scent within her home smelt of cherry blossoms. Not to mention, the atmosphere was perfect. Everything felt perfect. 

The only problem was... they couldn't utter one word to one another.

Instead, they just sat there, looking anywhere but at the person in front of them, blushing and twiddling their fingers like kindergartners. 

It almost resembled a cheesy confession scene with the way they bite their lips in embarrassment. 

This only annoyed Naoto as he tapped his finger on the wooden table, a vein protruding from his brow. The silence was...almost deafening, and it had been going on for almost a solid 30 minutes...!

But, almost out of nowhere, Takemichi perked up, "Hey, you know...-?" He blurted out, causing Hinata to jolt with a large tint of blush, "Yeah...?" She replied, watching as Takemichi still gazed everywhere but at her. 

His throat then clears and he begins to scratch the back of his head, "-The weather lately... has been nice!" He nervously affirmed, a droplet of sweat leaking from his cheek. Hinata is taken aback by the comment and only forces an awkward chuckle, even though nothing Takemichi said was exactly 'funny'.

Naoto, on the other hand, just groaned with aggravation, "It's cloudy... and we're inside..." He added, slowly sighing to himself. It was beyond obvious that the two lovebirds weren't going to talk to each other anytime soon. Can't say you could blame them though...

They haven't really "talked" in what seemed like 12 years. Not to mention, Takemichi still doesn't have any idea about what transpired within the span of those 12 years. Nor did he have any chance to improve his communication skills.

His terrible...awful...communication skills...

And though their awkwardness was validated, it still left Naoto beyond annoyed. And soon, his patience ran low, "You two haven't seen each other in like forever...!" He argued, "You 'otta have lots to talk about...!" He grumbled, resting his face in his palm. He then turns to Takemichi, furrowing his brows, "Are you seriously talking about the weather?!" 

The pair slightly flinches at Naoto's choice of words, clearly embarrassed again. "Aw, come one..." Takemichi whined, "So, I'm a little nervous...! It's hard to know just what to say..."

Hinata turns to her brother with a nod, "Mhm...yeah. It's been a long time..." 

They both swallow harshly, turning to stare at the wooden table separating them. And with that, silence erupted once more. Nothing but a few sighs were released. Naoto hangs his head low with defeat before pushing himself back to his feet, "Well... I'm going home." He yelled out, resting his hands in his pockets as he pursed his lips and walked away.

Takemichi is the first to immediately switch into panic mode, flinging his entire body to Naoto's legs as even more blush painted his face, "Huh?! No, No, Naoto?!" He exclaimed, halting the black-haired male in his tracks, "You can't go?!"