CHAPTER 19

authors note:

I hope you enjoy and I'm very sorry this took so long :)

I half edited this so I'm very sorry if it's poorly written...

***

12 hours before the fight

Sitting in my legal studies class, we were talking about human rights, and one of the rights stuck out to me. It was 11am on Friday morning, and by 11 pm tonight, I was either going to be a walking corpse or a winner. I'm hoping for the winning option.

"No one has the right to torture you."

I mean, this is valid, but what if the person has committed serious crimes, and you want to help the community by reducing those crimes. People just don't see things the same way I see them. If they did, they would see the "killer of the town" as a peace offering, no? Don't think I'm crazy because I'm not. I wouldn't murder Someone if they were innocent or I've only heard rumours of their wrongdoings; I have to see it to believe it.

What the teacher says next pulls me back into focus, and I adjust my eyes to look at her. " I stated before that you have the right not to be tortured by anyone. This right could be used against this person running around killing innocent people for fun in our town." My hand shot up. "Yes, Lily?" Mrs Robinson answered.

"What if they aren't innocent" My big mouth will get me caught. "What if, by some chance, the person doing all this is helping us? Don't get me wrong, killing is bad and likes it says in the bible, "thou shall not kill", but what if we are looking at this all wrong?" I finished with my voice slightly shaking, and I stopped looking at her when I noticed that she started to look around the classroom.

Everyone was looking at me, and I started to shift uncomfortably in my seat. I knew I shouldn't have said anything. Still, I wanted to see if anyone thought the same as me or if I was just insane. I understand why Someone would think that, but is what I'm doing any good to the community like I thought I was?

A few murmurs were happening around the room, and it looked like I had started arguments with everyone. It seemed to be that some people thought the way that I did, and others definitely did not so much.

One person wasn't talking to anyone and focused on the teacher, watching how she reacted to this situation. Brian Nelson. I've never spoken to him before, but I've heard rumours about him having a creepy persona, hence why I've stayed away.

He turned his gaze from Mrs Robinson and towards me, he had a look in his eyes that was unrecognisable, and it made me feel quite uncomfortable. His hand went up, and he looked back to Mrs. "Wouldn't the person doing the most crime in this town be the killer? How could Someone say that they are helping the situation by killing all the 'bad guys' when in actual fact, they are causing more harm?" His voice was undisturbed, and he had a hardly worth-mentioning stance towards him, but it made my body feel uneasy.

We continued learning about human rights, and people continued to talk to each other until Mrs threatened to send everyone talking to the principal's office. It took Mrs Robinson a minute or two to answer what he had said, "Yes, I guess you are correct, brian. Now we are changing the topic because we need to achieve...."

Brian also continued to take small glances at me for the rest of the class, and I didn't enjoy how it made me feel. It was like he knew something I didn't, and I couldn't grasp it. 

8 hours before the fight

Upon hearing the bell, I went straight to my locker to grab the books I would need for homework. After navigating through the crowds, I reached my locker. After punching in the code, I opened the locker, but something fell out.