Chapter 52

Y/N POV 

Jungkook sat quietly in the passenger seat as we drove along. He stared out the window intently, looking at everything that we passed.

He had insisted on wearing his hat again, and I couldn't really blame him. If someone cut my ear off I'd probably try to hide it every day too. The look on his face when he noticed me staring at his ear, when I had realised that he no longer had one, he was terrified.

I wasn't really sure what was running through his mind at that moment, but I could guess that he was probably scared of what I thought of him. Maybe he thought that I would think he was ugly and disfigured, or maybe that I thought he was damaged goods.

Looking at his big innocent eyes, the way he held onto the car door and pressed his face up against the glass to watch the world go by, I couldn't help but want to just keep him with me forever. He was too innocent for this world. He didn't deserve this.

Maybe I was getting in too deep, I had my own pack to consider. I loved them like family, they are my family! I would never want them to feel like they're getting replaced, or that I'm pushing them aside to make room for a new pack.

They had to come first. But I wasn't sure how I would be able to let Jin and his pack go back out there by themselves...

They were a stray pack, anything could happen to them.

We pulled up to the vet and I noticed Jungkook starting to tremble slightly. I quickly parked and got out, going over to his door to help him out.

"I promise everything will be okay! As far as the business is concerned, we're not even here for you. We're here to get a refill for my registered hybrids, ok?" I rubbed his arm as I led him towards the front door.

He said nothing, but nodded lightly, following me towards the small building. I guess it was a good thing I had my friend here. She managed to book the appointment under herself, nothing on the system saying that this was for Jungkook.

"Y/N here for an appointment with Jisoo" I told the receptionist.

"Sure, take a seat and she'll call you up shortly." She smiled at me and Jungkook.

"Thanks!" I pulled Jungkook back towards the seats.

He sat down next to me, completely frozen and staring blankly at the wall. I squeezed his hand, I knew he must have been terrified.

The poor thing had been dragged around, been without his pack, and was now sitting in a vet's office.

I looked at some of the other people in the waiting room. One of the hybrids looked just as terrified as Jungkook, her person was also holding her hand and whispering something to her. The other hybrids seemed fine, one of them was even chatting away about what they wanted for dinner.

"Y/N?" I heard my friend call.

I smiled at her, and stood up, gently pulling Jungkook with me. I could tell that every single muscle in his body was still tense, but he moved with me anyway.

As soon as we got into her room I crushed her in a hug.

"I missed you!" I squealed out.

"I missed you too! Why don't you ever come and visit me??" Jisoo hugged me back.

"You're always busy! See, you even came in to work on a Saturday!"

She pushed me away from her and lightly slapped my arm.

"Hey! I only came in because you asked!"

"I know, I know" I loved that it was so easy to rile her up.