forty eight

i hope u guys know u can message me at any time :D whether u need to talk or u want to be friends, my messages r always open!!

clay!
how is texas

its just like being home 🫶
i missed my texan origins

clay!
YOU ARENT TEXAN

WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING THAT
mum said i can he whatever i want and i want to be texan>:(
i can relate to country taylor swift more
picture to burn (taylors version) (homophobic version) (10 minute version) (from the vault)

clay!
i hope you get pulled into a country bar and rot

i could survive for days in country bars
its a survival skill you pick up in australia
know lyrics to songs from the 60s-80s and you're good to go
12 year old me singing all 8 and a half minutes of american pie had the old men worshipping me

clay!
you're quite talkative for someone who should be meeting her bfs family for the first time

SHUT UP I WAS AVOIDING IT
im so scared
were in the car otw to the house
im shitting my pants im so nervous
im trying to think of things to say but all i can think of is joking ab how im from texas
IVE MADE THE SAME JOKE LIKE 6 TIMES
thats so out of character im normally so original and jokes come effortlessly
help me

clay!
idk what to tell u
too late to turn back now xx

fuck you fuck you fuck you
ill put all my texan buddies on you
rough you up
SEE WHATS HAPPENING TO ME
i've overused a joke
i didn't know i could do that
gtg were here ;-;

clay!
don't die xx
ur my favourite texan out there!

good to know the joke is still landing

ailee and nick get out of the car and walk up to the front door of nick's childhood home. their hands were linked and ailee was overly conscious of just how sweaty hers was- one of the many factors indicating the abundance of nerves she was experiencing. she could acknowledge the event could seem as though it was a mundane, everyday task for others, but her feelings for nick and strive for acceptance made the whole situation overflow with pressure.

she stood in front of the closed door as nick lifted his fist to knock on the door lightly, shifting her weight between her feet as she placed a - hopefully confident looking - smile on her face. she was genuinely happy and excited to meet his family, but the nerves got the better of her, as nick had noticed. "bug, i've told you a million times, they'll love you" he whispers, placing a small kiss on her forehead that somehow manages to de-escalate, like, half of her nerves.

the door finally opens and the couple is greeted by nick's mum, and warm smile encapsulating her face, replicated by ailee's own expression. ailee was instantly pulled into a hug as she felt her muscles relax, wrapping around the lady embracing her as she reciprocated the gesture. "wow! mom, great to be home too. oh how i missed you, thank you for being so welcoming. love you too" nick mutters sarcastically, throughout the duration of the hug, making both the girls laugh at the idiotic reaction to their greeting.

"oh, quiet, nick. ill get to you. how are you darling?" his mum asks, making ailee laugh even more and doubt why she felt nervous in the first place. "im great! how are you?" ailee responds as she finally steps away from the hug, returning to her original position and feeling nick's arm rest gently around her waist. "im good, honey! come inside! hello nick" she says, ushering the couple inside. "finally i get welcomed" ailee hear nick whisper with a laugh, holding his hand as they walk inside together.

the house is spacious and modern, the walls adorned with family photos, awards and memorabilia, any surface holding trophies and keepsakes. the home felt cozy, the contrast of her expectations of modern homes often being minimalistic, the decorations created a sense of familiarity and comfort, regardless of the fact she was seeing it for the first time.

she was flooded with nostalgia of an experience she never had; and the space instantly felt like home. her eyes landed on nick, surrounded by two small girls as they excitedly jumped up and down at the sight of him. her heart warmed and she smiled at the view, nick's eyes meeting hers as he returns the display of affection. ailee feels a hand on her shoulder and she turns to see nick's mum, "your home is beautiful" ailee says warmly, feeling so at home in such a short amount of time was so comforting to the girl, a vast contrast from how lonely she felt in her apartment back in florida.

"thank you! its so nice to finally have you here, we've been begging to meet you for weeks" his mum said, shooting a jokingly scolding face to her son as ailee laughs, hiding her face of affection as she realised that he had been talking to his parents about her since before they were even officially together. she shoots a smile to the boy as his face heats up into a red glow, and he rolls his eyes with a playful scoff.

"dont be fooled mom, ailee has been scared shitless to meet you since i told her we were coming" he laughs, earning a death stare for swearing infront of his young sisters but nonetheless making his mother laugh and ailee embarrassed at the confession.

"you had nothing to be worried about honey, we loved you from just hearing nick talk about you" the lady said, making nick mumble an "i told you so" before paying his attention back on his little sisters.

the sound of the front door opening and closing made ailee stand up straight as all the nerves came flooding back. she had thought she had calmed down now that she had come to know nick's mum was quite possibly an angel walking, but now that she was meeting his dad only a few minutes later - she had proved herself wrong.

both nick and carol - nick's mum - had noticed the girl's sudden straight posture and 'professional' look on her face, carol telling her to relax while nick laughed at her again. what a supportive boyfriend.

she, once again, had nothing to worry about. his dad was just as sweet as his mum, and they all instantly got along, much to nick's satisfaction.

this only took this long to update bc i kinda hated this chapter and took so long to be motivated to keep going bc i didnt like it LOL
sorry for the shitty chap 🫶