59. Family First

Lamonte's POV

Another day, another dollar.

I was at home with Charliese while Ashanti went into the office.

I looked at my watch as I logged out of my zoom meeting seeing that the time read 2:45 pm. Ashanti should be home soon.

We were planning to have a family fun day before the wedding.

We were lucky to get another warm day this deep in the autumn season and we were gonna take every single advantage of it.

This is both of our last official day working until we get back from our honeymoon and we are 1 day from our wedding. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is sleeping without her tonight. We are going to be gone about a month. We are leaving Charliese with my mother after the picnic, but I know that Ashanti doesn't feel comfortable leaving our baby girl for so long and to be honest, neither do I.

My mother, however, wanted more time with Charliese and didn't take no for an answer.

We weren't going to spend a whole month away from her. We were gonna spend about 2 weeks or less then come back and have some more family time with kid-friendly activities before we get back to our demanding jobs.

I take Charliese out of the baby carrier, looking at her before getting a whiff of stench.

"Damn, baby. You stink," I make a face scrunching up my nose making her laugh.

I take her to the nursey and lay her down on the changing table, using the wipes to clean her up, and then putting on her diaper. "Good as new, poopie booty."

I kiss her forehead before putting her back in the carrier, laying her on my chest, and giving my baby her mama's titty milk.

I type up a few emails and send them in and not even a few minutes later, I hear the front door open.

"Baby, I'm in the office!"

I yell out forgetting that Charliese was in my arms asleep. I hold her head shushing her, but baby girl wasn't even fazed in the slightest. I let out a sigh of relief leaning back on my chair. Ashanti comes in and my head snaps in her direction.

"Hi, my love," she whispers while sitting in my lap careful not to disturb Charliese, but giving her a chaste kiss on the forehead.

She leans in to give me a kiss and I nibble her lips hungrily.

She pulls away and I miss her almost instantly. She takes Charliese out of the carrier, unlatches the carrier from my body, flinging it over her shoulder while baby girl lays on the other. She walks out of the office, and I follow behind her, shutting down my computer in the process.

I follow her to the nursery as she lays Charliese in the crib after giving her the rest of her bottle and then putting the carrier in its rightful place.

"Let's get ready," she turns to me grabbing my hand. "2 days till our wedding."

I smile at her, "I know and I'm so ready to make you Mrs. King."

"I already have the paperwork filled out to change all my documents to your last name," she smiles at me before she starts stripping.

My lawyer wife. Mmm... I stare at her as she continues taking off her clothes.

"Stop looking and get dressed. Save it for the wedding night," she says giving me a serious look.

I smile at her antics shaking my head, "So who all coming?"

"Laviere, Ana, Ajax, Ti, and Ti's boyfriend. That should be everyone."

I nod my head before putting my shirt on.