Chapter 6

I took a few blind steps backwards, scrambling my brain for anything to say. "Excuse me?" Flower cocked to her head to the side, sending a few locks of hair falling off of her shoulder.

"Do you know who this? This is a very special person Piper, please take all the time you need." I could tell there was something sinister hidden beneath her soft and cheery tone.

I stared at the photo  for what seemed the longest time. Ky was standing in front of a white wall, with a few numbers behind his head. His lips where upturned into a sad smile, and his eyes held nothing to them, nothing like the Ky I saw tonight. I grasped the back of the couch, to steady my self. Everything around me seemed to be doing laps around my head.

"Piper?" Flower's voice was sicking sweet.

"No, I don't know." I stumbled over my words, making Flower cock a small painted eyebrow.

"Are you sure? Please Piper, this is very important." Flower took a few steps toward me and grasped onto my wrist. Her skin was ice cold. She turned it over gently in her hand, scanning over my bare skin.

"You went to the movies tonight, no?" She ran her thumb over the indent where my bracelet should have been, her nails seemed coated in blood in the dim light of the living room.

"Yes ma'm." I took a hard gulp.

"Did you buy anything, like a soda?" My blood ran cold. Whatever games this woman was playing, she sure knew how to play. Everything around me seemed to fall away. Flower's voice was the only thing I could hear.

"Yes." My heart hammered away inside my chest.

Flower pushed my wrist away and stepped back and grabbed a hold of her brief case, she pulled out a small manila folder and thumbed through it, like nothing was wrong. She pulled out a half sheet of torn paper, and scanned her sinister eyes over it. " It says here, you aren't suppose to drink soda, unless authorized by your father." She quickly casted her eyes up at me, a evil smile hidden behind them.

"My father took that off when I was eleven." It felt like there was a rubber band around my chest, and it was only growing tighter. Flower was playing a game of cat and mouse, and I was stuck being the mouse.

"He sure did." She gave me a slight wink and stuffed the paper back in the folder. " Now Piper, I'm going to ask you one more time, do you know who this is?" She once again held up the sad picture of Ky. The picture of Ky was heart wrenching and I could no longer bring my self to look at it. I slowly closed my eyes and ran my finger over the bump in my sweat pants, reassuring my self the bear was still there. I was about to break the one law that could get me killed.

"No, I don't even know who that is." I open my eyes again, and squared my shoulders, showing her I wasn't going to be bullied in my own house.

She narrowed her icy  eyes, and hissed between her teeth. " Okay Piper." She yanked her brief cases off the floor and flicked her hair off her shoulders. She quickly turned on her worn out heels and silently made her way to the door, when she slightly turned her head and spoke in such a hush tone I had to strain to hear her. " You better keep that teddy bear hidden, you know such things are against Society rules." My heart seized inside my chest. She gave me a slight wink and spoke even softer. " I know everything about you Piper."

I watched in shock as Flower made her way out of my house. A cold lump formed in the pit of my stomach, this wouldn't be the last time I would see those ice cold eyes.

"Piper is everything alright?" My mother poked her head out from behind her bed room door, her fluffy pink rob covering her over sized t-shirt.

My throat felt glued shut, tears stung the back of my eyes. I refused to cry in front of my mother. I clutched the teddy bear and blindly stumbled into my room. The door slid shut behind me and I programmed the wall screen to lock, until morning. I jumped into my bed, and the rough blankets scratched my cheeks as I wrapped myself into my own cocoon.