Chapter 2

Amy's POV

The smell of the ziti filled my nostrils, as I entered the kitchen. It was layered in Prego meat sauce. My father came home, in his Maryland State Trooper uniform, the smell of the ziti, entrancing him. "Hi, honey, how was work?" asked my mother, serving the ziti to me.

"The same usual stuff," replied my father. "On a stakeout for any speeding drivers on the interstate." His walkie talkie crackled to life.

"We got a speeding driver, driving 80 mph, on Interstate 95 southbound. Driver may be intoxicated."

"How was school today, Amy?" asked my father, eating his ziti.

"It was okay, I guess," I replied, my mouth full.

"Sweetie, please don't talk with your mouth full," said my mother.

"Sorry, Mom," I said. I digested my food, then washed it down with some Cherry Coke. "Some girls got into a fight today, during lunch. The principal had to wrestle both of them to break it up."

"Do you know why they fought?" inquired my mother, sipping her Hi C fruit punch.

"Something about a post on Facebook. That's all I know."

"Some teens act so out of line, that they think using their fists would solve problems," said my father. "I take it, they got suspended?"

"Yeah, they did. For two weeks."

"What was for lunch today?" asked my mother.

"Salisbury steak, with mac and cheese, and cinnamon applesauce," I said.

"I'm trying to get you involved in the Free School Lunch Program," said my father. "That way, you don't have to keep paying for your lunches on a daily basis."

"Yeah," I nodded. I finished my dinner, left my dish on the table, and walked upstairs to go on Facetime, and chat with some of my friends I went to school with.

"Amy, you gotta do your laundry!" my mother hollered.

"I'll do it later!" I hollered back.

"Now! Not next week! Now!"

Sighing exasperatedly, I grabbed my dirty shirts, jeans, and socks, and dumped them into the washing machine, and added Tide to it. I had to stand by the machine, to make sure everything was as it should be.

I just wanted some time to chat with my friends.

A/N Hey guys! What did you think of this chapter? What did you think of the conversation during dinner between Amy and her parents? Sorry, if this chapter was boring, but the upcoming chapters will be more fun, I promise! Don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this book with others! Thanks guys! Love you all! ❤❤❤❤❤😘💙😘😘😘💙💙💙💙