Basket 33

Third POV

Now it was time for Seirin to get back out and win this game against the malicious teal team of Kirisaki Daiichi. Despite (Y/N) not revealing what she had said or done with Hanamiya over their break during halftime, Riko didn't bench her. Because one: the second year coach trusted her cousin, even if she really knew the triple threat was probably more so downplaying the situation. And two: if the red and black team was going to win this, then they needed her.

And Kuroko. The team needed to break free of this spider's web, and the two miracles were going to be the key to that. Unfortunately, Izuki was going to be the one subbed out in order to put Kuroko back in. Not exactly the most ideal situation for the punster because he had been the victim of so many steals. He felt like he had really failed the team, like he had been the cause behind the team falling into Kirisaki's trap. But even though he was benched, that didn't mean his job was over.

Once the light blue haired phantom had taken off his t-shirt and given the second year a high five, the triple threat watched as he sauntered over to the bench and slumped down beside Koganei and Mitobe. Welp, time for the girl to work her goofy magic. She had time before the game got started back up again. So, as Izuki hid his face with the towel covering his head, the tall girl made her move.

"NO! No sad face, Izu!" the second year punster soon perked up once he heard the girl's voice scolding him.

She wasn't in front of Izuki, which was weird, but he then felt a weight on his back that pushed him forward and kind of scared the boy a little bit.

"(Y/N)!" Izuki kind of yelped out as he turned back and looked at the girl, her arms wrapped around his shoulders.

The tall girl was giving him a small pout and reached down to softly pinch her friend's cheek. He wasn't done yet and he wasn't here because Hanamiya got the best of him. The boy had another important job and she was going to make sure it got through to his head. Staying quiet as he felt her let go, Izuki looked back at the triple threat, his silver eyes reflecting in her bright (e/c) eyes.

"I can't use my Eagle and Hawk eyes for this next move. Sooooo, I need you to keep an eye out for me while I'm playing. You are a big part of this still, Izu. I'm not letting you forget that, so no sad faces!" (Y/N) explained, using more of a goofy tone toward the end to try and put a smile on the second year's face.

Izuki was a little stunned, to say the least. He hadn't even thought to think about using his skill in that sort of way. She was right, bench warmers still had their own jobs when it comes to games. And the punster had a very important one for the rest of this one. Feeling her getting off his back, the black haired punster reached back and grabbed the girl's hand, giving her a determined expression while gently squeezing her fingers.

"No sad faces. I'll keep a lookout in case they try to pull something. Just..." the second year trailed off.

He had conflicting feelings about Riko letting her go back out onto the court to play because he knew Kirisaki would go after her, but she was also a strong player that could hold her own against trash like them. But that shove Hanamiya had delivered to her earlier was still fresh in the boy's mind.

"Please be careful," Izuki finally told her.

Even with that smile on her face, that didn't stop his worry. But (Y/N) wasn't scared, not one bit. Like she said, the Kirisaki captain had given himself a free invitation to see just how scary and strong the sole female player could be when you rub her the wrong way. Softening her smile at her second year friend, the tall girl returned the small gesture before coming back around to the front, giving Izuki a quick wink.

"Always."

And back out to the court she went. It was game time, definitely going to be an interesting last quarter. Seirin had the ball, and it made its way right into the triple threat's possession. She was soon dribbling it as Kuroko ran off to get into position. They weren't looking like they were coordinating with each other, but the two miracles were very good at masking that from other players.