Chapter 20: The Blind Banker: pt 4

***Recap***

(Nikki moves to stand next to Sherlock as he walks away and starts to put on his scarf, coat, and gloves.)

Dimmock: What?

John: Today at the bank. Sort of a warning.

Sherlock: He fired a shot when his attacker came in.

Dimmock: And the bullet?

Nikki: Went through the open window.

Dimmock: Oh, come on! What are the chances of that?!

Sherlock: Wait until you get the ballistics report. The bullet in his brain wasn't fired from his gun. I guarantee it.

Dimmock: But if his door was locked from the inside, how did the killer get in?

Sherlock (condescendingly, as he dramatically slams his hand into his glove): Good! You're finally asking the right questions.

(He turns and flounces out, pulling Nikki along with him. John looks around at Dimmock and then points apologetically toward the departing drama queen and the original hybrid before following the pair.)

***Now***

(RESTAURANT. Sebastian is having lunch with some clients or work colleagues.)

Sebastian (laughing): ... and he's left trying to sort of cut his hair with a fork, which of course can never be done!

(Sherlock, John, and Nikki walk over to the table.)

Sherlock: It was a threat. That's what graffiti meant.

Sebastian: I'm kind of in a meeting. Can you make an appointment with my secretary?

Sherlock: I don't think this can wait. Sorry, Sebastian. One of your traders - someone who worked in your office - was killed.

Sebastian: What?

John: Van Coon. The police are at his flat.

Sebastian (shocked): Killed?

Sherlock (sarcastically): Sorry to interfere with everyone's digestion. Still wanna make an appointment? Would, maybe, nine o'clock at Scotland Yard suit you?

(Sebastian puts down his glass of water and nervously runs his finger inside his shirt collar.)

(Shortly afterward, Sebastian and the boys relocated to the toilets in the restaurant, Nikki patiently waiting outside, but can still hear the conversation taking place. Sebastian is washing his hands.)

Sebastian: Harrow; Oxford. Very bright guy. Worked in Asia for a while, so ...

John: ... you gave him the Hong Kong accounts.

Sebastian (drying his hands on a towel): Lost five mill in a single morning; made it all back a week later. Nerves of steel, Eddie had.

John: Who'd wanna kill him?

Sebastian: We all make enemies.

John: You don't all end up with a bullet through your temple.

(Sebastian's phone beeps a text alert.)