Chapter 16: The Visit

When someone turns their back on you, you turn your back on them.

"Wow Ayanokoji-kun, you're really good at academics huh"

We were currently in the library and I was assigned as the tutor of this particular group: Matsushita, Sato, Hondo, Mori and Sotomura.

They put five members to me, nevertheless I agreed to tutor these five.

Although I find this annoying since they should just study with their own and listen well attentively during discussions they could probably passed the test.

I couldn't just refused since almost everyone was willing to tutor the groups excluding Horikita and Koenji,
Horikita who went out of the room since she was called by Chabashira-sensei in the faculty and Koenji just being himself.

I was ranked 7th overall in the mock test and there was supposed to be at least five tutors so I was picked to be one.

Still this was a good excuse to use to Suzuki that I will not be able to work today and maybe the following days.

Seeing her face everyday makes the day unpleasant after all.

"I understand it better than Chabashira-sensei's lesson"

"Shhh! Mori-san that's a bit mean, although it was true, you're really good at teaching Ayanokoji-kun" Matsushita told me with a thumbs-up, i just discuss the same way how the instructors from the whiteroom do it.

Also, Matsushita doesn't seems like she needed help anyways, her score was above than average that even if she didn't join a group she could pass the test coming up.

"Ayanokoji-dono might have a future in teaching" Sotomura chimed in, he has a ridiculous dialect but still he was also good in academics unlike the rest.

"Why don't we wrap up things here?, tomorrow i would distribute some test to gauge your academic abilities" I told them as they sighed in relief.

Today might be an exhausting day for them, since they would need to study again after the classes finished.

"Thank God" Hondo sighed in relief as he rest his head on the table.

Why is he thanking God though? I was the one who made put an end for the discussion to make them rest, so shouldn't he be thanking me instead, why is God taking credit for it?

Still, this kind of method wasn't new to me or Suzuki or any white roomer, there was mostly no time for rest to us, unless it was meal time or it was already time to sleep.

The gap with the students in the white room and here couldn't be compared or shouldn't be compared in the first place.

I wonder what would the others think of them, the children from the outside who has freedom, family, friends, toys, food, clothing, money.

Things that we could only thought of and dream about it, most of them already gave up and took their own life.

Unlike them who didn't taste freedom or anything about it, but rather they were treated like lab rats who were experimented for the future of the country, day by day we fought for our life.

Its not like I couldn't understand them, If they would only just spend their life being a guinea pig that benefits others, what's the use of living for?

If I wasn't seeking for revenge, then I might've already done so.

"Koji-kun lets go eat!" Mori invited me suddenly as she tugs on my blazer.

"Sorry i' wi-"

"No excuses this time" Mori held her index finger close to my mouth to shut me up. She smirks when I did shut up.