Chapter 45

I walk up to the apartment door, staring at it for a few moments as I let out a long and heavy breath. Nick said that Harry understood and that he isn't upset at me, but I have no idea if that was just a front he put up for Nick. The only way I can know though is if I walk through this door.

I put my hand on the door handle, turning it and opening up the door, seeing Harry sitting on the couch, turning his head towards me when he hears the door open. I swallow hard, sending him a small smile as I slowly close the door behind me. "Hi." I awkwardly speak up, knowing that I won't lie to him but also, don't know how to confront the issue at hand.

"Hi stranger." the corners of his lips curve up into a soft smile, that smile instantly relaxing me some. I then see him motion his head for me to come over to him, making me nod my head before I walk over to the couch, sitting down right in front of him. "Before you-"

"I want to say something." I quickly speak over him, seeing his eyebrows raise, a humorous expression crossing over his facial features, the sight making me let out a chuckle as I run my fingers through my hair. "I shouldn't have lied to you, especially with him. It was wrong of me. I won't make any excuses for it or try to defend myself, just an apology. I'm truly sorry." I breathe, swallowing hard again.

I see him suck in a very slow and long breath, that soft smile still faint on his face as he reaches over, putting his hand on my knee, rubbing his thumb back and forth. "I know. I don't hold it against you. You're forgiven." he begins. "Although when Nick first told me, I was upset. I didn't understand why you had lied or gone with him at all. But I did something I don't usually do, I heard Nick out."

"It is exhausting being jealous of Aiden." he admits bluntly as he lets out a long sigh. "I'm still healing over what happened, but this jealousy of mine, this hate, this rage towards him will negatively affect our relationship. I know that from past experiences and I don't want to make that mistake again, not with you."

I start to fiddle with my fingers in my lap as I keep my eyes on him, nodding my head to encourage him to go on. "I have no reason to be jealous of him. So I'm done. And with everything that Nick said about the way he might feel for you...I can't blame him. And I trust you more than anyone and that's all that matters."

"So from now on, if you two want to hang out or talk, I won't say that you can't. I won't be upset over it. I just want you to be honest with me about it, that's all." he speaks softly, letting his shoulder relax as he rests against the back of the couch.

"I promise to be honest with you, especially with him." I speak up, putting my hand over his and rubbing my thumb back and forth on his skin, looking down at it.

I then feel him put his index finger underneath my chin, lifting my head up to meet my gaze with his. I see him smile at me before he leans forward, attaching his lips to mine softly, letting his linger there for a few moments before he slowly pulls away.

He gazes at me intently and just when it looks like he's going to open his mouth and speak, he doesn't. Yet, the look of thoughts swarming around in his head remains. "Mhm?" I hum at him, furrowing my eyebrows.

He quickly shakes his head side to side at me, that adorable dimple popping out on his cheek as he grins at me. "Nothing. Nothing at all." he replies to me softly. That definitely means it's something but I don't get enough time to say something about it before he speaks up again. "Out of curiosity, when were you thinking of watching that vhs tape I got you for Christmas?" he adds, a hint of nervousness behind his words.

"Oh, well I was thinking of maybe doing it when it got closer to me leaving." the dreadful mention of me leaving. I hate it. I hate knowing that we've gotten to this point just for me to leave. Just for us to be separated again. "With a bunch of comfort snacks and cuddles because I just know it'll make me emotional." I chuckle, trying to lighten it up and ease his nerves.