36.

"Antonio, where are we going?" I panted as Antonio and I ran past several dungeons like mine where numerous people were kept.

"Keep walking."

My eyes noticed the time on his wristwatch. "It's 7 am in the morning, you're talkin', I'm walking."

Antonio forced me down in the corner and crawled in beside me. "What the fuck is happening? What the fuck are you doing? What the fuck are we doing?"

He signaled me to stay quiet as we heard loud thumping from where we just ran from, "Fuck, they escaped. I knew it that fucking Antonio."

A gunshot rang in the dungeon as I gasp. Antonio grabbed my arm and kept running fastly towards the stairs which leads to the main gate hopefully.

As we were descending the stairs, we heard loud footsteps coming our way. "Run."

We both ran towards the main gate and were just a few steps away when Sergio cried. "Stop right there."

We both halted.

As we turn around, I cringed when I took in Sergio's appearance.

His face has gonna bright red along with his eyes, the gun in his hand shook violently and so did his hand. "I knew you were the fucking backstabber." The vein in his neck becomes evident. He looked like a crazy fucker.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you Antonio, I'm gonna kill all of you." Saying that he fired a shot in our direction, which caught Antonio by surprise as it hit his arm.

"You couldn't poison Rosa, you couldn't push Aurora from the stairs, fucking useless. I had to force you to do that shit."

"You forced him to kill everyone?" I gasped.

"Do you think an offspring of a bitch can kill somebody?" He laughed. "His bitch of a mother-" Antonio pointed his gun at Sergio. The look on his face scared me.

"I was the one behind him who pushed Aurora from the stairs and he got the blame. I was the one who mixed the poison in Rosa's food which he served and got the blame." He cackles.

His dark eyes got a lot darker as his hair made a shadow around them. "You? You think you can shoot me?" Sergio asked, amused.

"You cant. Antonio you can't kill your father. You cant kill your mother's love now would you?" The smirk adorning his face widened when Antonio stilled.

I kept looking between both of them. Antonio turned to look at me. "Run Alle, run. Leonardo must be here."

"I'm not leaving you here."

"It's not time to be stubborn." He said angrily.

"I'm not being stubborn, I'm being reasonable. How bout this?" I clicked my fingers. "We just injure his leg and run, we can escape him."

He looked at me with a face that says 'Are you nuts?'

"It's not some comedy movie, leave." Just as he was about to shoot, the whole building behind us exploded in flames as Sergio, Antonio, and I flew a few yards away due to it.

My back hit hard on the ground as my lungs stop pumping oxygen to my body. I tried to breathe through my nose and coughed.

My right shoulder is paining so badly whenever I try to breathe. "Ant-o-nio?"

My eyes witnessed his figure lying flat on his back with a pool of blood around his left arm.

I quickly shuffled closer to him and patted his cheek. "Antonio?"

He opened his eyes barely and grabbed my arm tightly. "Leave, Alle. Run."

"No. Let's go we can-"

I heard a click from behind me. Antonio's eyes widened as he tried to push me, but the pang was fast.

My breath hitched and never came back. The hot pain intensified to the point that the hot tears felt cold. The wound felt like blisters but with an extreme achy pain that boosts after every second.

"Alle, shit." Antonio winced but cradled me to his chest as Sergio cackled loudly in the background.

"Alle, don't close your eyes please." His voice cracked as he winced too.

"She will die just like Arora and Rosa." He laughed, but I could not register anything.

My eyes blur and my breath shortened, "Anto-"

"Alle, don't speak please please just breath." He swiped the stray strands from my forehead.

"It-hu-rts Antonio." I could not speak over pain.

I want to scream and get rid of the pain but it wouldn't reduce.

It increases to the point that I passed out right in front of Antonio's eyes.

_______________.

Authors POV.

As Antonio nestled Allegra to his chest and kept pressing her wound to stop the bleeding. His bleeding arm was forgotten.

Sergio kept laughing over at the situation. "Now, now. I'm leaving. But you will stay here with your sister." He smirked. "Whom you killed."

Antonio's eyes snapped in his direction. "Yes Antonio, you killed your sister, Allegra."

Antonio's grip tightened over on Allegra as his mind went crazy. "She will die in your arms and you can't do anything. Maybe you would die too. Then your brothers will come and they will mourn over you both and then I will kill all of them." Sergio laughed as he reloaded the revolver.

His finger hovered over the Trigger. His smirk never wobbled. "One."

He flexed his fingers. "Two."

His grin broadened at the helpless look which crosses Antonio. "Sergio let us leave. She will die, there is so much blood."

"Isn't that exactly what I want?" He cocked a brow.

Antonio shuts his eyes, waiting to embrace the pain.

"Three." And a shot rung.

Pain emerges in the body as it intensifies further when another shell hit it.

Not one, not two, but more than 12 shots rang in the air. Each hitting the perfect target. Not any organ in the body was safe. Each organ embraced the hit with all its might.

Blood poured out from the wound, and so does from the mouth. A blood-curling shout surrounded the open field.

_______________.

•|Happy reading|•

👀
*Edit*

The next chapter is so fucking depressing okay I'm warning you all.

Should I upload it like rn??? Or like maybe after some time. I'm itching to post it