MH #22

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

Why did you kiss me? That's what you asked him.

And he told you because he felt like it. He didn't lie.

He has always loved teasing you and joking with you, to make you squirm as you would shoot him a glare only you can manage to have. You would often get him back at him, it would be back and forth between you. It's the little things about your friendship he appreciates the most. And now with your current deal, the options of teasing you has expanded.

When he greeted you, joking like always, the roll of your eyes was worth it.

The two of you are currently shopping, just settled on you staying at his place tonight. You can be a little difficult sometimes, declining his help whenever he would offer it but in the end, you've decided to agree. He's sure you just don't want to bother him which is far from the truth. He would never offer or propose things if it bothered him.

It feels nice. To have you around and plan things with you. Sure, Jimin and Taehyung are around too but your friendship is different. The two of them have similar interests and Jungkook really doesn't feel like partying every second day. Okay, maybe that's a bit exaggerated but the point is the same. Plus he's an adult, and has a job that keeps him busy. He tries to keep himself busy to not think about his cracked heart. He just wants to surround himself with good people and you're one of them.

Hanging out after work hours is what brings him deja vú. It brings him back to all the moments you've shared together. Life changes though. He knows his back then new relationship was something you all had to get used to. All you were used to hanging out together in your free time and with Kiko coming into his life, he had to manage his free time between not only his new relationship, but himself and his friends too, which involved you. It's not like you got out of touch or anything. He tried to hang out with the guys and you as much as the time and circumstances have allowed him to.

The four of you are working adults and it gets tricky to get around everyone's schedule. The same thing happened back then.

Nevertheless, you've kept updated with each other. Just like when you've gotten your first boyfriend and even though you were pretty shy about it, Taehyung somehow squeezed it out of you. Jungkook knew there's something you're not telling them, but unlike Taehyung he didn't press things.

He has seen the guy on an occasion or two, but it's not like he knows him well. He's not even sure what's his name but when he sees him after he calls his name, he does wonder for a second where he knows him from.

"Haechan." you say, making Jungkook remember his name. So that's his name.

He doesn't look much different than he remembers him. Jungkook notices the brief glance he gives him, undoubtedly recognizing him too as your ex-boyfriend engages in a conversation with you. The conversation is just a quick catch up and pretty much about anything, if you ask him. They just bumped into each other and it would be weird if they didn't say hi or exchange a few words here and there.