| five

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

chapter five:worst fears coming true

chapter five:
worst fears coming true

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

"RENNY, DO YOU copy? This is a code red. I repeat, this is a code red. Renny, do you copy? This is a code red."

Serenity groaned, burying her face further into her pillow. She had taken Max and Eleven back to her house after Heather's, and they had all fallen asleep together in Serenity's bed. None of them had anywhere to be, so Serenity didn't set her alarm clock. Besides, they were all pretty exhausted from running around and trying to find Billy and Heather, so sleeping in was for the best.

That, unfortunately, wasn't the case.

Max reached over to Serenity's bedside table, grabbing her Walkie. "Shut. Up."

She put down the antenna and shut it off before rolling back over, closing her eyes again.

"Hey," Serenity protested, sitting up in her bed and yawning. "Lucas doesn't play when he says it's a code red."

"I don't care," Max mumbled. "Sleep."

As if on cue, Serenity's phone in her room then started to ring. Max groaned in annoyance and rolled over again. Serenity pushed her covers off of her and stood up, stretching her arms above her head and letting out a yawn. She walked up to her phone and picked it up, raising it to her ear.

"Hey," Serenity greeted. "Why are you so frantic so early in the morning?"

"Something happened, Renny," Mike told her. "Something bad. Our very lives can be at stake."

Serenity's eyebrows knit in concern. "What do you mean?"

"Just come over to my house. We'll explain everything."

"Mike—"

"Hurry," Mike urged before hanging up.

Serenity stared down at her phone as it played dial-tone, worry settling inside of her. She slowly placed it back down in the receiver before walking over to her closet and pulling the door open. If her kids needed help, she was going to answer immediately. Mike sounded panicked on the phone, too.