| fourteen

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

chapter fourteen:scoops troop

chapter fourteen:
scoops troop

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

SERENITY SAT ON the countertop of one of the food placed, her legs dangling off the sides. She had her head resting on Steve's shoulder, and he had his hand on her back, rubbing it softly. In the middle of the food court, she watched all of the kids reunite with each other — most notably Will, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin. To Serenity, it was heartwarming to see the original members of the Party, the ones she had watched grow up, finally come back together again.

They had started to arrange their plan. Hopper, Joyce, and Murray were going underneath the mall to the Russian base so that they could close the Gate. Nancy and Jonathan were taking Will, Lucas, Mike, Max, and Eleven to Murray's place in Illinois to hide Eleven from everything and keep them safe. Dustin and Erica were the navigators for them considering they had been the ones to truly see the entire thing. In order to do that, they had to go to Dustin's radio tower, Cerebro, that he had set up to talk to his girlfriend (it was safe to say that Serenity missed out on a lot.) Since they needed somebody to drive, Steve and Robin were going with them

And, well, Serenity was stuck. She had finally reunited with Steve, the one person she yearned for and wanted to see the most. Leaving him would be the hardest thing ever — but leaving the kids who were going to Illinois, the ones she had spent the past couple of days with and facing absolute hell, would also kill her inside. She didn't know what to do.

"We're leaving in a couple of minutes," Steve stated, breaking their comfortable silence. "They need to know if you're staying or going."

"Well, I don't even know if I'm staying or going," Serenity replied. Her eyes stayed trained on her kids. "Listen, the shit we've faced up here, I've done it with them. And it feels like my responsibility not to leave them." She sighed. "But I don't know if I'll be able to leave you."

"What does your heart say?" Steve asked quietly.

"To stay with you," Serenity answered softly. "It always says to stay with you."

Steve paused for a moment. "I don't want you to go to Illinois."

Serenity picked her head up from his shoulder, looking at him. "No?"

"No," Steve confirmed. "Stay. Please."

And that's when Serenity found her answer.