Chapter 24

Y/n's POV

The rest of the day was great. After the country club we went for ice cream and we all went shopping.

Right now my mom was getting ready for a night out with her girlfriends, while I gave the girls baths.

"You still can't stay up late." I said as I wrapped the girls in towels.

"But Rafe is coming over!" Leah wined.

"Yea he is, and we will watch a movie and the you guys will go to sleep." I told them.

"That's not fair." Laura said.

"Do you wanna go to the park tomorrow?" And they both went quite. I chuckled as I changed them into they're matching pj's.

I got them set up in the living room while we waited for Rafe to get here.

I went to the kitchen and made popcorn and put together a few small snack together like Nutella crackers and ants on a log... I use to be a CIT I did this shit for a living.

I poured them both warm chocolate milk in the matching cups I got them today and took the snacks to the living room.

"Ooooo." Both girls said in interest.

"What movie are we watching tonight?" I asked them.

Surprisingly they had already agreed on something. They wanted to watch Mulan.

Just as I logged into Disney+, Rafe walked through the door.

"Hey girls." He said putting his keys on the counter.

"Rafe!" Both girls jumped up and attacked him.

"What are you guys doing?" Rafe asked as he hugged them.

"We're watching Mulan! Come on you have to sit next to me." Leah started to pull him towards the couch.

"No he wants to sit next to me!" Laura wined as she stomped on the floor.

"You guys can both sit next to me ok?" He said and the twins stuck they're tongues out at each other.

"Hey baby." He came over to me and pulled me into a kiss. A nice long warm kiss.

His hand found they're way to my hips as my arms wrapped around his neck.

"I missed you all day today." He sighed as he pulled away and leaned his head in my shoulder.

"I missed you to... you ok?" I asked him.

"Yea... my boss is a dick. That's pretty much it but I'm ok. Just lay with me for a second." He said as he pulled me over to the couch.

He laid on top of me and buried his face into my chest.

"Are we gonna watch this movie?" Leah asked as her and Laura stood over us.

"In a minute girls. Why don't you go say bye to mommy, she'll be leaving soon." I told them and they both hopped up the stairs.

I ran my fingers through Rafes hair as he breathed deeply. I could tell he was stressed. Even when we got lunch today, he just seemed overwhelmed.

I started to pepper kisses on the parts of his face that I could reach and he sighed in content.

"You know you've become my happy place..." Rafe mumbled and I smiled sweetly.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him.

"Everything is better when your around. Your comforting for me I guess you could say. I've spent a long time trying to figure out where I fit in the world and I think I've finally found it." He lifted his head to face me before come further up to kiss me.