Lances

Rachel POV:

My breath was stuck in my throat as I saw the body of a girl being crucified in front of everyone by Uto.

'No, nonononono, why her!' I cried out internally as her rapier escaped her hand.

Claire's scarlet hair seemed like it was dyed in her blood that was coming from all over her body. She had a relieved look as she died, relieved that she saved Arthur's life.

"NO!" Arthur roared as he touched the dead girl's hand. His cries shook the ground around us.

"You bastard," he fumed as he stared at Uto while releasing his full bloodlust, "I'LL KILL YOU!"

The golden runes engraved on Arthur's body became bigger and more... powerful. I could make out the space itself distorting to his will.

'This is not good,' I thought while trying to focus away from the dead Claire, 'Arthur can't handle the third stage. He'll die.'

His strength continuously rose while Uto had an amused expression on his face. Finally, it peaked and Arthur was now in his third stage.

Every step he took shook the entire city, yet I could tell that his body couldn't handle the power of Sylvia's beast will and was about to break. 

Ignoring the searing pain that must have been pulsing through his body, Arthur shot towards Uto with all his strength. 

The latter simply sneered and easily countered Arthur's increased strength.

(A/N: Arthur's current third stage is around Olfred's strength.)

'The gap between us is still too big,' I thought as all hope disappeared from my mind. 'We are going to die here I suppose.'

Arthur body shot out from Uto's punch, his third stage gone. Even though his third stage only lasted a minute or so, it did more than enough damage to his body as it was starting to collapse.

'He only has ten or minutes before he dies now,' I thought but didn't try to help.

It was futile anyway.

"Oh, Draneeve, go and take him. I'll kill the rest now," Uto ordered him as he pointed to Elijah.

'In the end, what was the point of my existence? I did nothing, not even delay the inevitable.'

"Where are you taking him?" Lancelot asked in an angry voice as he got up. Or at least tried to. 

His body was at its limit as well from fighting against Uto, and he couldn't do much now.

"None of your business, pup," Uto sneered as he walked towards him. "I'll start with you," he said.

Suddenly, a piercing ring drew my, and everyone else's, attention.

The red-tinted barrier that surrounded the school shattered from above. The broken fragments of the barrier fluttered down, reflecting the vibrancy of the Aurora Constellation that was almost in full bloom, in the night sky; the bloodstained academy instantly turned into a scene from a fairytale.

Descending amongst the shimmering rain of the broken barrier shards were three figures. Even before I could make out their identities, the terrifying pressure they radiated told me exactly who they were.

The Lances. 

"P-please help us," I groaned out before pointing towards Uto.

Instantly, three powerful pressures descended upon him.

Bairon POV:

Looking at the blood-filled Academy that lay in front of my eyes, I couldn't help but curse at how late the three of us had been. My eyes drifted to the students lying closest to the enemy. 

All of them were paladins, the new geniuses of the continent.

'These students fought hard with their life on the line against an enemy that we should have faced,' I thought as I clenched my fists slightly.

My eyes met the other two's and we instantly released our mana. Even with the pressure of three lances, the man didn't flinch one bit and instead looked up at us with amusement.

"Oh, are the three of you these so-called Lances? I remember killing an elf who was close to your strength before."

'An elf close to our strength who died recently? That can only be one person, Alea Triscan.'

"So you were the one who killed one of our fellow Lances," Lance Varay told him with a cold expression.

"Oh my, I thought the three of you would be fuming with anger but seems like you have good reign over your emotions," he said while chuckling.

"I am Uto, one of the retainers of Alacarya. And today, I am going to execute three more Lances of Dicathen in the name of the Vritras!"

I instantly shot towards him using lightning magic that I developed alongside Gary. 

The lightning completely enveloped my body but was mostly concentrated in front of me to increase my attacking strength. 

Uto raised his fists and blocked my attacks without much trouble, the lightning dancing around his body but unable to do any lasting damage. 

"Hmm, you are about as strong as the green boy," the retainer said before kneeing me in the stomach.

Varay instantly attacked him with her ice magic while I had him distracted, but he managed to block them with black spikes. Unlike metal magic, these spikes appeared out of thin air.

Olfred focused on getting the other students a safe distance away from us while Varay and I attack him.

Or at least tried to.

Even with my heightened reaction time and movement speed from the lightning travelling before fibre of my body, Uto was still able to dodge my attacks while also keeping Varay at bay using his metal magic.

(A/N: Bairon is much stronger because Gary helped him further his understanding of his own lightning magic.)

Suddenly, Uto punched me while I couldn't react even with my heightened senses. I managed to avoid getting knocked out but was sent flying quite a distance.

Varay attacked him with everything he got but I could tell she couldn't beat him.

'I need to end this in one attack,' I thought as I gathered all of the mana I could in one go.

A sword materialised out of the lightning magic that I gathered. 

[Ultimate Lightning Spell: God Flash]