Chapter 23: The Blind Banker: pt 7

***Recap***

(Nikki just smiled at her mate. There were many events that happened in history that were usually either started or finished by either herself or Niklaus.)

Nikki: There are many events in history that involve my brother and me. Sometimes either starting a war or ending one.

***Now***

(After an hour of Nikki recovering from the cocktail of vervain and wolves bane poisoning the trio were off again to gather more information on case.)

(NATIONAL ANTIQUITIES MUSEUM. Sherlock is pacing around a display area while he interviews Andy.)

Sherlock: When was the last time that you saw her?

Andy: Three days ago, um, here at the museum.

(Nikki, despite having high heels on, quietly walked around the exhibits while her mate and John talked to the employee, Andy. Sherlock focuses briefly on a glass case showing some of the clay teapots. Most of them are dull but one is shiny.)

Andy: This morning they told me she'd resigned just like that.

(Sherlock looks at another case containing some jade figurines, and then at a piece of artwork.)

Andy: Just left her work unfinished.

Nikki (turning to the three men): What was the last thing that she did on her final afternoon?

(Andy has brought the trio to the basement archive and now turns on the lights as he leads them in

(Andy has brought the trio to the basement archive and now turns on the lights as he leads them in.)

Andy: She does this demonstration for the tourists - a-a tea ceremony. So she would have packed up her things and just put them in here.

(He leads them to the open stack and starts turning a handle at the end to widen the gap. John goes to stand behind him and looks into the stack but Nikki and Sherlock noticed something more interesting in the shadows further along the room. He walks closer to it. On a stand is a life-sized sculpture of a nude woman ... and yellow paint has been spray painted across the front of it. An almost horizontal straight line goes across the eyes, and over the body has been sprayed the open upside down eight with the almost horizontal line above it. Andy and John turn and see what he has found.)

(Outside the museum, night has fallen as Sherlock, John, and Nikki come out.)

Sherlock: We have to get to Soo Lin Yao.

John: If she's still alive.

Raz: Sherlock!

(The trio turn as Raz runs over to join them.)

John: Oh, look who it is.

Raz (to Sherlock): Found something you'll like.

(He trots off and Nikki and Sherlock immediately follow. John heads off after them a little more slowly.)