Forty-Nine

(THIS IS THE SECOND PART TO A DOUBLE UPDATE. MAKE SURE TO READ THE PART BEFORE THIS)

Blaise Beck-Day

It's been six hours since that car ride and I've been in my hotel room pacing since. The sun was starting to drop and the air was becoming cooler outside.

I didn't bother talking to her on that car ride.

Hell, I didn't bother talking to her when she got out of the car and made a mad dash toward the unloading bus passengers waiting for Rory.

I couldn't stand outside and wait with her either, me standing on the side of a busy college sidewalk was already attracting too much attention. All I knew was that she was not happy.

I mean, clearly, she wasn't happy.

She just found out what I've been trying to protect her from finding out.

God, Sage. Please forgive me. I'll get down on my knees and beg the next time I see you, just forgive me.

I wonder what room she was in and what floor she was on. Should I find her and speak to her? Try to explain everything. I had waited until college to come back because I knew Slater's position on the team would've been secure and in return, I hoped that he wouldn't have still been insecure. I hadn't told her the exact reason because I knew this would happen– I knew it would.

In some kind of messed up way, I'm glad I wasn't the one telling her. She would've hated me even more. But now, after she has found out– I don't know how anything is going to be resolved or fixed. I guess I'll just have to give her some time. Not a lot of time, but some time to process things. I don't want to overwhelm her when I know that this is already pushing her past her breaking point.

There was a knock on my door and my heart leaped out of my chest. I walked briskly to the door, and opening it.

My mom.

She frowned, "I came as soon as I saw your message when we landed. Come here," She whispered, wrapping me tightly in her arms. She was the only person who really knew what was going on.