Prologue

He felt like his body was moving, touching the ground under him; he could feel wood. He groaned, opening his maroon eyes; his vision was blurrier than it used to be. He felt like his head had been trampled by horses. He waited for his eyes to adjust to the darkly lit cage; the only light was the torches outside. His vision was still a blur, with dark spots.

He shook his head, pushing his arms to get him onto his feet. He walked carefully towards the light, his hands a little out until he reached the cage's bars. "Okay, feels like metal," He muttered.

"Of course, it's metal? What do you expect?" a rough voice asked; he raised his head and shrugged.

"You will be surprised; you get some idiots who make them out of wood and some concerning ones who make them out of Bone," He told him. The man walked towards him in horror.

"Bones?" The teen nodded his head. "Some people are sick. Who makes Bars out of bone? Who does that?" The teen shrugged his shoulder. The guard looked at him up and down; the kid didn't look like much; he was not an adult; if he guessed, he was around seventeen or maybe eighteen. He was pale, almost ghost-like; his hair was white and messy, with unsettling maroon eyes. His clothing looked like something he picked out from a trash pile, complete with holes, dust, and a disturbing stench. He smelt like death; the guard started thinking the kid was a ghost. "Are you a ghost?"

The boy gave him a confused look before smirking, "Ahh, Yes, and I have come seeking revenge!!!" The guard let out a scream, causing the teen to laugh. "Thanks, I haven't laughed like that for years," He choked, and he smirked. "BOO" He watched the guard freak out and ran out of the area. followed by him screaming, "GHOST!!!" The teen fell to the ground laughing.

He heard a dragon laugh, causing him to stop and breathe. He slowly looked around he could see a blurring black creature nearby. "Huh, you here too? Any idea where we are."

"You on my ship," he heard a voice; the man had brown eyes and black hair. The teen look at him. "Where did you get the dragon from?"

"The dragon? He, not mine, is just following me; you can have him if you want him" The teen was shocked. "Who are you?"

The man seemed shocked; he didn't want the dragon. "I am Viggo Grimborn. Aren't you one of those dragon riders?

"Drag-on Ri-der?" The teen questioned, "Does anything you say make sense, Viggo?" He asked sarcastically. Viggo looked at him; this kid reminded him of someone.

"Nice try, these no doubt you're a dragon, though your clothing is confusing. Are you under cover or something? Your dragon is what I believe to be a Light Fury, from what I can occur from the information I got, oddly familiar to a Night Fury" He moved closer, and he spotted similarities. "You related to Hiccup, aren't you? Brother, I guess, or cousin"

'"Hiccup?" the teen questioned, panic filling him. "What do you know of Hiccup?" He gripped his hands into a fist. He let out a growl, showing his fang that stuck out of his right lip.

"My Guess brother, a little too protective," Viggo spoke. "I didn't know he had a brother," Viggo taunted him. "Interesting, How are you not a dragon rider?" Viggo questioned, looking up and down at the teen; he looked solid but underfed big time; he had albinism, meaning he would have impaired sight and sensitive skin. Either way, he could quickly get the attention of Hiccup. Night fury for his brother seemed like a good deal.

"How have you not heard of the dragon riders?"

"Umm....." He looked to the side and noticed they left his weapon, a staff, with him; he backed away from the gate to his staff like a weapon. "Sorry, I haven't."

"How? Your brother, Hiccup, is a dragon rider?" Either the kid was acting stupid or living under a rock.

"Hiccup's a dragon rider. OH, that's interesting," He spoke softly; he gripped the weapon; he could see the boy's eyes glow red in the shadows making him have an unsettling feeling. "Very interesting" He could have sworn he saw the kid smile. He heard a couple of taps on the ground, followed by a red light, and the teen was next to him. "You shouldn't have left my weapon with me" his tone sent shivers down the man's spine. His tone was so dark and cold. He backed up, Viggo wasn't one to be frightened, but the way the kid was looking at him caused him to be terrified. The boy tilted his head to the left.

"What? You're not scared of little old me?" He questioned, his eyes glowing. Viggo grabbed his weapon. "Oh? You think you can BEAT ME" His voice changed into a demonic tone. "pfft, please, you don't stand a chance" The light fury went low in his cage. The boy swung his weapon, clinging to Viggo's sword. The teen smiled and swung his body inwards, kicking Viggo as he flipped and landed on the ground.

Guards heard the commotion, running down to the ship's lower deck. The guards looked at the teen, who only smiled. He broke apart the staff into two separate swords. He stood in a ready-to-fight stance. The dragon hunters charged toward the teen. The teen used his weapons to disappear and reappear in different positions on the hunters, knocking them to the ground. He had taken hits. He landed on the ground in front of Viggo.

Blood was coming from his face, arms, and body. He took a deep breath. "SO, can I go?" Viggo looked at the twenty men; this kid had been taken down in minutes. He only could make a quick nod. His eyes stopped glowing.

The teen put his weapon on his back and headed towards the upper deck; Viggo just backed away; he heard groans; his man was still alive. Something told him the kid could have killed them if he wanted.

The black dragon watched him leave and let out a cry; the teen paused and looked at the dragon. The teen sighed. "Fine; I owed you one," He spoke "taking the dragon, sorry, I owed him one," He told Viggo. He pulled the leaver opening the gate. He turned and walked onto the deck. He looked around. "right middle of the ocean."

He heard running; he turned his head to see the dragon coming towards him. "Oh, no," He grunted. The dragon leaped into the air taking, grabbing him with his paws. "Oh, come on, we were even!!" The dragon growled, flying away from the ship. The teen groaned.

After a while, he heard flapping coming from the left of them. He looked over, seeing a blue blur coming at them. "look out!" He shouted a little too late.

AN: Been wanting to write this for a while. Yes, this is Hunter's story, mostly, but the riders will be in it :).

Take care!! And only one exam to go!!! Not sure when the next chapter will be out. So, could you not rush me? Also I am having issues with Wattpad posting my stories on the app. So you missed the sneak peek of the story, sorry wattpadians

~SoulFury