Chapter 16 ꕤ

"We can't face Todoroki, we need to keep moving!" Midoriya instructed as [Name] nodded before Midoriya kept talking. "Tsuyuri, can you free yourself?" [Name] nodded before he hauled his foot up, effectively shattering the ice that kept his foot pinned to the floor.

Midoriya smiled confidently as he ordered the group to run, but was stopped by Todoroki's voice. "Forward, Iida." Todoroki ordered as [Name] heard the engines on Iida's calf power up.

Suddenly, electricity came charging towards [Name]'s group. "Tsuyuri!!" Midoriya cried.

"Seventh Form: Circle of Life"

[Name] proceeded to do multiple attacks at once, which led to a sphere of wisteria sheltering the group from Kaminari's attack. [Name] panted due to using multiple techniques in quick succession and intervals as Hatsume admired the dome of flowers.

The flowers soon fell onto the ground, leaving the group vulnerable once more, and Midoriya noticed how he couldn't keep relying on [Name] for everything for the rest of the battle, as that technique seemed to take a lot out of him. "I'm sorry, Tsuyuri, I shouldn't be making you do everything for our team." Midoriya apologised as [Name] nodded.

"6 minutes left," Todoroki huffed as he noticed that [Name] defended the group from the attack. "We need to target Tsuyuri! He's their main offence and defence!" he ordered as Midoriya gulped.

Todoroki began freezing the floor below, trapping everyone aside from [Name]'s group. Midoriya tried to use their jetpack, but it appeared to be malfunctioning. "Ah, it seems I'll have to work on that baby!" Hatsume sweatdropped as Midoriya bowed his head.

"Tsuyuri, I'm sorry, but we'll have to rely on you a little longer," he apologised, but [Name] nodded as he regained his breath.

"We can't get away!" Uraraka cried.

"Tsuyuri, stop them!" Midoriya ordered.

"First Form: Orchid Blossoming"

"Yaoyorozu!" Todoroki yelled as a shield was created to block [Name]'s attacks. However, the shield was sliced to pieces. [Name] clenched his teeth.He knew he shouldn't be revealing all of his attacks to future opponents, but he couldn't do anything else in the moment.

"Her creation is difficult to deal with but Kaminari is also a big threat," Midoriya muttered, desperately trying to devise a strategy but they were right at the edge of the battle field and essentially cornered.

"1 minute left!" Present Mic, announced as Midoriya gritted his teeth, trying to think of any way they could get away or delay time for a minute and win.

"Everyone, there's only a minute left," Iida caught the attention of everyone in his group. "After this move, I'll be done, so please get the headband!"

[Name]'s eyes widened as he turned to Midoriya to warn him, but Iida blasted towards them at an unimaginable speed. "Tsuyuri h-" Midoriya couldn't finish his sentence as he felt the headband get ripped from his forehead.

"What!? How!? So fast I couldn't keep up!" Present Mic questioned as Midoriya felt his forehead that was now missing the headband. "Todoroki now has the 10,000,000 points!"

"Damn it... Tsuyuri, we need to-" Midoriya saw the smile on [Name]'s face, and he looked over to see small nicks of blood from the three runners' arms and blood leaking from Todoroki's leg. Suddenly, Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, and Iida collapsed onto one knee as the poison began to take effect.

"T-Tsuyuri!? Have you poisoned them? How, with Iida's speed!?" Midoriya questioned as Present Mic began to scream once more.

"Todoroki's team isn't looking so good! Tsuyuri had a trick up his sleeve!" The crowd was growing more and more loud as Midoriya noticed the kunai with a faint green and red liquid on it.

[Name] began running for Todoroki's team as Todoroki weakly lifted his head as his vision blurred and all he saw was a mush of colour heading towards them. "I-Iida!, Y-Yaoyorozu, K-K-Ka-Kaminari!" He tried, but his team could hardly move. They wouldn't be able to defend. Todoroki also realised his quirk wasn't activating. The poison must stop quirk activation for a period of time.

Todoroki clenched his eyes tight in defeat as he felt the headband get ripped off. However, he noticed only one was taken and not the others even his trick of putting the 1,000,000 on his neck and a smaller one on his head didn't work. It seemed his quiet classmate noticed and told the group.

"Midoriya has seized the 10,000,000 points back! Team Todoroki can't move!" Present Mic was going insane as he looked at Aizawa in horror of what he had probably taught his class.

On the timer, only 10 seconds were remaining, but Bakugo's team had broken through the ice barrier and were storming towards Midoriya and his group. [Name] was too tired to do anything, as he had also nicked himself with the kunai during the insane speed of Iida's attack, and even with his slight resistance to poison, this was a strong one, so even he was feeling the effects and it would take a couple minutes for the antidote to take effect.

"Deku!" Bakugo yelled as his hand came closer and closer.

"Time up! That's the end of the second round!" Present Mic's yelling made Bakugo face plant the floor as [Name] puled the antidote out and drank it, instantly feeling the effects of the poison wither away to nothing. Years ago, poisons and antidotes would take a lot longer, but Shinobu had become incredibly skilled in poisons and medicines that they would react instantly.

Letting Midoriya down, [Name] walked over to Todoroki's group and helped them all drink the antidote as Todoroki gave him the harshest glare he could muster in his weak state.

"You'll feel better now. I'm sorry for poisoning you," [Name] spoke as he got up and went back to his team, leaving the group to recover. [Name] stood next to Midoriya as he watched Bakugo act like a toddler and hit his fists on the ground repetitively.

"Now let's take a look at the top four teams!" Present Mic announced. "In first place, Team Midoriya! In second place, Team Todoroki! Third place, Team Bakugo! and lastly, fourth place, Team Tetsu- Huh? it's team Shinso!?"

"Tsuyuri, I'm sorry for making you do everything!" Midoriya bowed as [Name] flipped his coin before just walking away, leaving Midoriya scrambling and worried that [Name] didn't forgive him.

'Kanae, I've passed the second round'