Chapter 46

Three days later.

"The Notebook!"

Not a single bit of shock crosses over my facial features. When Harry and I woke up today, we had no idea what we wanted to do with the way, We wanted to do something, yet stay at home. He suggested board games but when we went to go look at the games he had, all he had was Monopoly. Not one of my favorite games. My attention span is way too short for that kind of game.

He almost tempted me to stay in bed with him all day, until I asked if he wanted to watch a movie. To which, he immediately said we wanted to watch his favorite movie, The Notebook. I watched this movie probably more than five times when he was in Oregon with me. Not that I'm complaining. It's an amazing classic.

"How could I ever say no when you sound so excited about it?" I smile brightly at him, bring my feet up onto the couch, sitting crossed cross on the couch as I turn more towards him.

He brings his hand up to his hair, running his fingers through the messy untamed morning curls, his biceps flexing slightly as he does it, bringing my attention there for a split second. "You can't say no to me, I'm too good like that." he grins at me, the dimple popping out in his cheek as he lays his hand softly on my knee.

"Oh, that's your inflated ego talking, love." I purposely add the last part, adding a faint British accent to it, trying to mock the way he sounds.

He cocks an eyebrow at me, tilting his head to the side, playfully sliding his hand up onto the middle of my thigh and gripping it slightly. "Am I wrong," he pauses, putting his index finger underneath my chin and moving his face closer to mine, his warm breath fanning across my lips. "Love?"

I do miss his-

I quickly snap back into reality, the vivid imagery of him, his lips, and his hands on my skin slipping away from my brain like a fog disappearing into the night. He was trying to prove his point. That ass. I swing my hand back, slapping the side of his shoulder, making a loud beautiful laugh escape his lips as I stand up off of the couch. "You are- " my words get stuck in my throat as I try and come up with a word for him.

He leans back on the couch, resting his arms behind him on the back of the couch, running his tongue along the inside of his cheek cockily. "I'm what? Mhm?"

Come on stupid brain. You're embarrassing me.

"Pathetic." the words slip from my lips before I can even take it back. What was pathetic is that was the only and best word I could come up with to insult him. Eighteen-year-old me would be scoffing and shaking her head to see it. "Oh, shut up." I quickly add when I see him go to open his mouth.

I then turn away from him, walking into the kitchen, hearing him chuckle to himself and shift on the couch. "Who says I was going to make fun of you?" he drags out lowly.

I reach up into the cabinet, grabbing the popcorn from it, turning my head to look at him, seeing he's shifted his body towards me, his familiar smirk on his lips. "That look on your face tells me enough."

I then open up the microwave, place the popcorn inside, and put it on for the amount it says to cook it for. I see Harry get up briefly and when I think he's going to come over here and torture me, he goes to a bin in the living room filled with blankets, grabbing a large one for the both of us to use.

Once the popcorn slows down in popping, just at the perfect time I open it up and carefully take it out. I shake it then pour it into a large bowl for us, walking back over to the couch where Harry is waiting for me. I set the bowl down in between us, to which Harry immediately gets a handful, shoving it into his mouth. "Really couldn't even wait till we started the movie?"