Chapter 142: They Came, They Saw, and They Want To Conquer pt. 3

He got distracted afterward as thoughts of conquering that magic power filled his head. If he got that power, then the long-awaited dream of them would finally be fulfilled. It would take them right underneath the goal, one step more to achieve it.

'But it's too dominant...'

If they did try to subdue it, they would need a hell of a lot of effort in order to do so. That type of magic prowess is great but hard to subjugate.

If it's light magic, just like that woman's powers. Then they would surely arrive directly towards their aspirations.

'But they are gone... They are hiding too well... That bloodline...'

If he could just find where the rest of that bloodline went, it would be easy. They would finally succeed.

His thoughts were like that. Messy and all over the place. Exactly how the mind of an insane person would have. It wouldn't make sense to some and more so to those who have no idea what he was talking about.

He laughed out loud when the power catapulted even more, that the ground shook from its force. His line of sight traveled to the direction of the hall and grinned wickedly. He could smell the fear emitting from that place, delighted by it.

It fueled him. Still feeling thrilled, he went closer so he could feast on it more. The despair, their distress, the uproar they were stirring. It brought satisfaction in him and wishes for more, more of their pain.

Thus, he made sure to amplify all of their negativity. He unleashed a spell, one that would cover the entirety of the royal hall. He also let loose some of his lesser demons that have no will of their own, his puppets, and made them ran around to incite more confusion within the people.

He waited there, on his warped space, basking in the negative emotions in the air. Just as he was having the time of his life, his spell suddenly broke. It was abrupt as if someone cut the cord with a sharp pair of scissors.

His eyes flashed open and looked towards the hall. His lesser demons were being eradicated in front of his very eyes. He got confused and sought the source of it and sensed the existence of another magic.

This one was heavier than his spell and contained great will. It was brief so he couldn't get to the bottom of it but he's pretty sure that it was another form of magic. It doesn't belong to the existing ones that he knew. Not from the greatest magician, not from the royal family, nor the rampaging Lukas.

'What is that? Who was it from?'

His heart pounded loudly inside his chest as he tried to track it down. He was about to fly over there and look for it himself, disregarding the fact that it was risky as hell when another bigger magic was cast.

He saw the runes from outside and immediately understood who it was from. No other magician out there can casually draw runes as big and complex as this than him. It blocked him, of course.

He didn't try to go in because it would only be a fool's errand. It would surely imprison anything that is not welcome the instant it touches it. After all, it follows the will of the caster. That's how effective that warding spell is.

He clicked his tongue in annoyance.

'That man...'

A loud explosion grabbed him out from his reverie. It reverberated within his enclosed area and even blew the leaves of the trees away from how big it was. For sure, the ground would also be charred to coals, leaving destruction in its wake. The only things that were unharmed by it were Lukas, the magician, and the royal hall that didn't seem like it felt even the bit of rumble.

He turned his attention back to the battle and caught sight of a mess. Lukas was there, standing tall without a hint of harm done on him. He was unfazed as if the explosion just now wasn't that big of a deal. It was also the same for Janus. His white robes are still crisp and clean, not a speck of dirt in sight.

Around them, a big crate could be seen. There are also scattered remains of blood and flesh that would honestly make anyone with a faint heart, weak at the knees.

He guessed that they were his men that made him taste bitter to the tongue. He then sensed Farren's presence, heading towards the forest in full speed, and two others that do not belong to any of his subordinates.

'Spies...'

They are obviously coming for Farren who escaped.

In an instant, he teleported Farren to wherever he is. A warped space that even time is suspended. It's one of his little tricks that even his past master doesn't know.

"My master!" Farren fell to his knees, still clutching his severed hand which was still bleeding profusely.

His eyes slid down toward him and frowned at his appearance. It's not that he's not used to seeing blood but it was because he hated how pitiful he looks right now. Farren is his right-hand man, a powerful fiend that he had picked up along the way. He is in no way weak that he could easily be felled by others but it's not the case right now, he guesses.

'Still too weak...'

Against such opponents, they are of no advantage and the best course of action would be to withdraw and amass more powers.

"My master, I bring you great news!" Farren uttered in glee. His face mirrored it, especially those maniacal eyes of his.

If he had an appearance of a dog, he would definitely have his tail wagging in excitement. That's how he looked right now, a loyal dog.

They truly are a similar pair, always wanting attention and praises from their masters. Though Farren is treading a different path from him, he only wants to please his master and gets heartbroken if he does the opposite.

To him, it doesn't matter whether his master is pleased, or if he isn't. As long as he's sure that they are looking at him, paying attention to him, he's already fulfilled.

But he no longer has a master. He considers himself free now.

"You wasted the crystals..." he muttered coldly, spitting out the words with vehemence.