CH. 42

what y'all doing? I just finished watching Abbott Elementary—10/10 show btw.

"I know you ain't drive all the way over here just to get breakfast," Selah teased Siraj as she opened the door for him and Semaj.

Siraj held a grin on his face, reaching in to give her a hug. "Sho' did," he replied, watching Kinsley and Semaj greet each other with hugs.

Selah followed him into the kitchen after she shut the door and locked it. Keia, Joziah and Antonio sat at the island, waiting for Soleil to finish with the eggs.

"Good morning family," Siraj greeted them, giving Keia a side hug and slapping hands with Joziah and Antonio. "Hey sweet girl," he walked over to where Soleil stood, kissing the side of her face.

"Good morning," she smiled, gently grabbing his chin and pulling him closer for a kiss.

"Lei Lei!" Semaj exclaimed, jumping and skipping into the kitchen.

"Dooda!" Soleil greeted him in the same energetic tone, rubbing his back as he wrapped his arms around her legs. "Get from in front of the oven baby, it's hot, okay?"

Siraj led him out of the kitchen, walking him over to where Kinsley was sitting down at the table.

"I can't wait to go to Key West," Keia beamed, looking over the pictures of the AirBnB that she was going to be staying at next week for her anniversary trip with her boyfriend.

"So lucky, I'd definitely go back if I could. I had a blast," Soleil said, dumping the eggs onto each plate that was laid out on the counter. "The beaches were so pretty,"

"You gotta have some money to live out there, fa'sho. Rent starts at what? Like 3k?" Joziah rubbed the side of his nose, looking at Keia's phone. Soleil hummed in confirmation, now placing the empty pan inside of the sink and running the water over it. "Key West is basically like California,"

"True," Keia replied, locking her phone and placing it down.

"A'ight, y'all come fix your own plates, I've done enough," Soleil beckoned them, beginning to wash the pan out. Everyone then walked into the kitchen, grabbing a plate and starting to put food onto it.

While everyone fixed their plates, Soleil made plates for Kinsley and Semaj, before walking over to the table and placing it down in front of them.

She then walked over to the refrigerator to grab the orange juice to pour them a cup. "Okay, I'm gonna go get ready now," Soleil told them, placing the cups on the coaster for Kinsley and Semaj.

"You're not hungry, Boop?" Selah raised an eyebrow, peeking over at her.

"Not really, I was cooking for so long that I'm not even hungry anymore," she shrugged, walking out of the kitchen.

Over the next half hour, everyone ate their breakfast and shared laughs. It was something that warmed Soleil's heart, to have her sister and brother-in-law cracking jokes with her best friends and her boyfriend, almost made her emotional.

It'd been awhile since any of them had been together under one roof. Despite the semester ending a week ago, Keia and Joziah were planning on staying for half of the summer to make some extra money for their apartments. Once July rolled around, they'd go home to spend time with their family before the fall semester started.