the russian code.

ACT TWO
the russian code.

ACT TWOthe russian code

   ARLO HELD HIS FINGERS TO his temples as he listened to the tape again, his eyes glued shut as his headache pounded against his skull

They had listened to the tape over and over, hoping they could make out what the men were saying. They hadn't even been close to figuring it out so far.

"So, what do you think?"

"It sounded familiar." Steve paced, shoving a bit of a banana into his mouth. His words making Arlo's eyes slowly open.

"No shit it sounded familiar, we have listened to it twenty times." Arlo reminded, removing his hands from his temples.

"No—no, not the message.. The music, the music in the end."

"Why are you listening to the music, Steve? Listen to the Russian! We're translating Russian!" Dustin yelled, causing Arlo's headache to only get more irritating.

"I'm trying to listen to the Russian, but there's m—" The Harrington boy was cut off when the breakroom door swung up, Robin entering the small room.

"Alright, babysitting time is over. You need to get in there." Robin demanded, Steve being taken back by her words.

"I can't, i'm doing important shit." Steve paused, turning to Arlo for backup.

Despite the pain in Arlo's head, he still caught onto Steve's silent plea; making him butt into the conversation. "He's right—This is important."

"Yeah? Well, if you don't get in there right now, so help me I will—Hey! my board. That was important date, shitbirds."

"I guarantee you, what we're doing is way more important than your data." Dustin finally added, Steve tossing his banana peel in the trash as his friend spoke. A proud smile placed over his lips as he did so.

"Yeah? and how do you know these Russians are up to no good anyways?"

Dustin's jaw turned into slack at her words, his head shooting towards Steve. This time with accusing eyes. "How does she know—You told her about the Russians?"