Chapter 86

Kate's Pov

As I was shaking in fear, I noticed my phone vibrating in my pocket. It must be Anna. Only she can save me from this helpless situation now.

"I'll take that" Adelyn shoved her hand into my pocket and took my phone out as she stood directly in front of me. She answered the phone and put it on speaker.

"Kate, where are you? Why are you not in the office yet? The clients are waiting for you" Says Anna.

"Well hello there" Says Adelyn as she smiled at me.

"Adelyn? What are you doing with Kate" Asks Anna with a worried tone.

"I already took her for myself. Now you don't have to worry anymore, your job is done" She says with a evil grin on her face. Her words made me confused. What was she talking about. What job?

"What are you talking about!" I yelled.

"Kate! Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay, where are you?" Anna asked panicking.

"I don't know where I am. Adelyn kidnapped me.. please help me" I requested her. After hearing my words, Adelyn started laughing.

"Oh dear.. how innocent you're. You think Anna will help you? Anna has been your biggest enemy by now. She took you away from Jane and kept you safe only for me" Says Adelyn confidently.

"W-what..." I couldn't believe her words. But again she's a liar so I didn't trust her. "Anna, is that true? You betrayed me?"

"I-im sorry Kate.. I had no other choice. If I didn't do what she said, she would have killed Kevin. I only did it to save his life. Please forgive me" Anna says in a guilty tone. I couldn't believe it. Adelyn blackmailed her with Kevin's life.. she turned that crazy enough to do something like that.

"Kate, please don't hate me" Requests Anna.

"Alright enough with your emotional drama. Now let's get to point. Kate is mine now. And I will keep her for myself forever. Anna you can leave the city and never come back again as we decided before otherwise you know what I'm capable enough do" Adelyn threatens Anna.

"Take care of yourself, Kate.." Anna says her last words as Adelyn hang up the call. I started crying loudly. There's no way I have been betrayed again..

"W-why would Anna do this to me.. she's the reason behind me and Jane breaking up?" I say crying.

"I can tell you the truth, not like you can do anything about it now. Jane somehow found out that I got out of jail and that's why she took you to Thailand to keep you away from me. But little did she know, I'm more smarter than her. I sent Anna to tell you about the lies that Jane told you about the secret society and bring you back here. I was so happy when I heard about your break up. It was the best news" Adelyn says with her proudest tone.

"So Jane only wanted to protect me from you.. she could have say it.." I say, feeling regret.

"She's stupid. She lost all kind of hope after losing you. Now she won't be looking for you and we can live a happy life together" She says as she looks straight into my eyes. I see the craziness in her eyes.

She was making this mastermind plan while sitting behind the bars.. I should have known that Adelyn won't give up on me so easily. I'm such a fool..

"Fuck you, YOU betrayer! I only love Jane and I'll never ever be your's. You can keep dreaming. Jane will come for me!" I yelled and spit on her face.

"You shouldn't have done that" She said angrily while cleaning her face.

"WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO" I yelled.

"You're not getting any food for today. Starve in this darkness and keep waiting for me to come back" She said in the same harsh tone as she turns off the light of the basement and closed the door behind her.

I stayed there tied up by those chains and crying. I feel betrayed. I feel angry. I should have never doubted Jane. She did those things for my good. But I still hope that Jane comes to save me from this helpless situation like she always did.