TWO

"Edward's leaving town," Jasper leans against the door to Anastasia's room, watching her lay on the bed without moving. 

It's something she has found herself doing quite often. It comforted her in a way. Not moving and just focusing on herself helps her ignore everything else. It helps her turn the world on silent. 

"Good for him."

Sighing, he pushes himself off and walks over to her, sitting down so he can pull her head in his lap. 

"The rest of the family as well. Alice and Aurelia are going to Paris on another honeymoon. And Carlisle and Esme are spending some time on Isle Esme; Carlisle got it for her some time back," he informs her. "What about Rosalie and Emmett?"

"They won't leave Antonina on her own and they won't take her without your permission. They'll go wherever you are."

"Does Nina want to go?" she frowns, her eyes fluttering open so she can look at him. "I don't want to drag her out of kindergarten and away from her friends, but I think it would be good for her. To get some distance, you know," she adds. 

"I don't think they've talked to her," Jasper admits. "They should ask her, it's her decision."

"You're not gonna hurt her, Anastasia. You didn't hurt her," he notices the flicker of pain in her eyes. He combs through her hair in an attempt to calm her down. 

"I would've if you hadn't dragged me away."

"Do you wanna leave?" he changes the subject. "Do you?"

"Eventually. I won't be able to stay much longer but I could wait for another year or two if that's what you wish," Jasper replies simply, not really giving her his opinion. "Where will you go?"

"I was thinking about visiting some old friends. Peter and Charlotte. They're quite excited to meet ya," he smiles down at her. They truly are, Peter especially. 

"Okay," Anastasia shrugs. "Okay?" "Yeah, let's go."

Anastasia can't react as he is already hovering over her, his lips lingering against her forehead. "You'll love 'em darlin'."

She looks up at him, wondering just how it must feel to be this excited to meet old friends. To meet anyone, really. Raising her hand to his head and letting her fingers glide through his hair, playing with its tips, he buries his head in her neck, just laying there and soaking in the comfort. 

Both of them doing so. 

"Tell me about them."

Jasper does just that. He spends at least half an hour if not longer talking about them, their time in the newborn army, how he helped them escape and how they met again once he escaped himself. 

Anastasia just listens, gladly taking in every word he mutters. 

It's been a while since they've been this relaxed around each other. Either it was Jasper on edge because of her or it was her on edge because of well, herself. Because of what she is. 

It feels nice. 

They just lay in silence for a little while, her fingers lightly scratching the back of his head. 

"I've missed this," Jasper mumbles eventually, raising his head slightly to look at her. "What?" 

"This. You not pulling away," he retorts. "'cause I've been so cuddly before?" she grins in amusement. "You know what I mean."

"I'm sorry."

Once again pushing himself up to hover over her, he shakes his head slightly. 

"You have nothing to be sorry for." "Kinda do. I've been a bitch," she shrugs. "At the start and again lately," she points out, her eyes looking up at him. "You're dealing with it. You never have to apologise for that."

Leaning down, his lips meet hers in a gentle manner. They move in sync, in harmony like the perfect song. Like the sun and moon finally meeting again. If there was a breath of the barrier parting them left, it crumbles down, leaving nothing more than a tail of bliss.