Fifty

Sage Williams

Sage Williams

"Sage, I really don't think going to this party is the best idea. Do you even know anyone here?" Rory asked, speaking quietly as we walked the line with everyone else to get into the Sigma Pi house.

I smiled at her. "Loosing up a bit best friend. Didn't you want me to have fun with you? If I'm not mistaken, you were the one trying to get me to go hard at Penn State parties right?"

She blinked. "Yes, but this is a whole different college. In a whole different state–"

"I'm half Michigander, remember?" I shot her a wink as the front door appeared in eyes view. I heard the remixed club music and my skin started to crawl with anxiety. Did I really want to do this?

"Is this because of what happened between you and your brother earlier? I saw you guys arguing as I got on the bus. Just know I am all ears and I'm waiting to hear." We were second in line now.

A group of three girls in front of us were stopped before the two guys at the door turned them away. "Why are they turning them away?" Rory whispered. I shushed her as it was our turn next. I flashed a smile at the two boys in polos in front of me.

They stared at Rory and me, sizing us up inch by inch. Never have I ever felt so degraded in my life but five seconds later, they waved us into the house and it was like the ten-second degradation was worth it. I just needed to party. I needed to get my feelings out of my system. I didn't need to be numb, I needed to be rock solid and drunk.

There was a smoke machine, multiple strobe lights and the music was so loud, the floor was shaking with might. "Oh my god!" Rory yelled as I squealed. I took her hand and pulled her with me as we shoved through the crowd.

As we reached the kitchen, the louder the people got. The music was drowned out by the party-goers trying to grab shots and drinks. Rory's face flushed bright pink as we shoved past many people with tongues out.

I giggled as we finally made it to the front of the makeshift bar. "What do you want?" I asked Rory loudly. She shrugged.

"I'll take whatever you're having!" She yelled.