Chapter 61

Lingering at the Dolby Theatre, where the Oscars are held, was one of the most difficult things to do

Because everyone who talked to us had the same look in their eyes.

Pity.

Sometimes, it felt like they looked at us as if we were damaged goods. Which I suppose is true.

I feel like we're just a broken band without Vi, but it was still a very harsh reality to face.

On the other hand, we got a lot of compliments for the song we performed and some celebrities were visibly moved by it.

"You've been awfully quiet," Ares notices when we get back to our hotel. Now that we're in LA, everyone is back to having their own hotel room.

Which I'm glad for. I like having my own space without the possibility of anyone else randomly walking in.

"I just didn't enjoy tonight," I tell him honestly when we get into the elevator. Ares cups my cheeks and tilts my head back.

"You did perfect tonight, baby," he assures me, "I'm so proud of you. And you've been named woman of the year," he chuckles in disbelief.

Leaning down, he plants a kiss on my lips. "Stay the night, please?"

With a grin, I nod and let him pull me toward his room.

He helps me out of my dress, leaving me in only my white, lace panties.

He licks his lips when he eyes my nearly naked body, and my first genuine giggle leaves me tonight.

The smile he sends me when he looks into my eyes takes all my breath away and he walks over towards me, stopping a hairs width away.

"Let's shower together, butterfly," he hums and leans down, brushing his lips against mine. I nod into the kiss and let my hands take off his jacket, before working on his pants.

He doesn't waste a lot of time getting out of everything and takes my hand.

I remember the first few times me getting naked in front of Ares, and every time I'd get nervous as hell and have a bit of an issue exposing my body so freely.

But now as Ares leads me into the bathroom and hooks his fingers around my panties, dragging them down my legs, I feel as relaxed as ever.

He gets rid of his own boxers and stands back to his full length. His hands go to the nape of my neck, where he takes my hair out of its low ponytail and rakes his fingers through it.

The soft gesture makes me smile and when I go to take off my jewelry, he swats my hands away and does it himself.

My body leans into him as soon as we step into the shower stall and turn the water on.