ten

"Now that you say that, I know exactly who she is." Nate said, sarcastically.

"Shh. Her boyfriend used to know Fez, and she had to stay with him for a bit. But her creepy ass boyfriend died. I never knew what happened to her."

"So her and Fez were fucking?" Nate wondered. Liv shook her head.

"What? No. How did you get that from what I just said?" She asked. Nate shrugged.

"Well, if they were living together..."

"No. I was living with them, too." Olivia confessed. They were getting sidetracked, and she didn't want that to happen.

"You were?" Nate wondered.

"It was that or rehab." She admitted, not wanting to talk about this anymore.

A silence fell over them, Nate looking down in his lap.

"You are better with that, right?" He asked. Liv knew he didn't actually care, and was only trying to be nice. But it still felt good to know he asked, even if she didn't know why it felt good.

"Yeah." She said, simply.

They stared at each other again for a second, before Liv looked away to try to see Faye.

"Why is she with them?" She asked herself. Nate put his hand on the handle of the car to get out, but Olivia put her hand on his arm to stop him. He looked down at it, and noticed she had french tip acrylics on.

Maddy would never wear them.

"Where are you going? You can't go out there." She protested.

"This was the plan; get them in jail, bribe them with the mon-"

"They'll shoot you." She said.

Olivia's mind flashed to the night Fezco was shot by the policemen. Even though she hated Nate, she didn't want to deal with anything similar to that.

"Liv..." Nate said.

He slowly grabbed her hand from his arm and brought it to his waistband. There, she felt a gun tucked under his clothes.

Liv pulled her hand back right away. Her heart fell to her stomach for the second time, suddenly starting to feel unsafe.

She wished Fezco was there.

"I'll go then." She offered, quickly.

She'd rather go out into the pouring rain to confront a couple of dealers then stay in the same car as Nate Jacobs with a loaded gun, and that hurt him.

But it wasn't unexpected.

Liv's hand went to reach for the door handle, but Nate locked it.

"Stop." He said.

"It's fine. I was friends with Faye. She knows me. Let me out." Olivia rambled, talking quickly and tugging at the door.

She thought about being in the car with Jayson, and how he did the same thing to her; not let her out.

"That's literally the last fucking thing we should do." He said.