N. Kugisaki - Vinyl

(She's in a band, you work at a record store. Badda bing badda boom.)

Turning to the left to avoid the headlights periodically shining in from the storefront, you flip through one of the magazines that the record shop is stocked with. Technically, you're supposed to be taking stock of the boxes sitting untouched next to you, but if the evening continues the way it has been, you'll have plenty of time.

A yawn breaks through your mouth as you fiddle with the edge of the page, shifting on your feet as the same pop punk song plays for the third time that hour. It's not that you dislike your job, but damn it's boring to work alone. Especially on a Wednesday night when no one is even thinking of coming in.

A light ticks above you, casting an odd shadow across your paper before returning to normal once again. You glance up at it, gaze getting caught on the way down by four people strolling by outside. You can hear them over the music, distance, and glass between you, and are tempted to slam your head on the glass counter as one of them reaches for the door.

Yeah, you're bored, but at the same time... Ugh.

Their voices get exponentially louder as they enter the shop, one of them gasping excitedly at something another said.

"That's insane! Y'think they'll even consider us? I mean it's not like were the top pick popularity wise out of everyone..." the most eccentric of the group proclaims, his short cropped pink hair standing out against his slightly tanned skin. His ears were decorated with silver jewelry, one also sticking out of his eyebrow. You couldn't see what he was wearing, since it was covered by a large row of vinyl, but you guessed he was emulating a solid punk look.

He wasn't the one that caught your eye though, it was the girl who came up from behind him, rolling her eyes and nudging him with her elbow. She, like the pink haired boy, had jewelry painting her ears, though they were mainly black, and instead had a stud in her nose and snakebites under her lip. Her hair was chopped right above her shoulders, bangs barely pushed to the side.

"Come on, we're the best bet and they fuckin' know it. They know we'll be big enough to play in an arena soon anyway," she replies, eyes dropping to the racks in front of her as she starts flicking through the vinyl. The reggae section is the one right by the door, and you realize you're in for the long run. They're definetly about to look through everything and anything.

You watch the pink haired boy frown at the girl, wandering away deeper into the store with the final person following after him. This last boy had dark gelled hair, standing up like spikes all around his head. He didn't have piercings like the others, that you could tell, but he had eyeliner smudged under his eyelids.

"Hey," you hear from infront of you, rousing you from your analysis and guiding your gaze back to where it was before.

The girl is looking at you, now leaning on the pop section with her hands resting on the tops of the records.

"Hello! Is there anything I can help you with?" You ask, layering on the customary customer service voice that's been drilled into your head for years.

"I was just wondering if you guys had any Twenty Finger Curse in stock?" She asks, tilting her head to the side. Her heavily lashed eyes seem to flutter under the fluorescent lights of the shop, and you actively try to not get distracted by it. "My boys are looking for it, but I thought it'd be easier just to ask."

"Oh, yeah for sure! I'll check the database real quick, just to see what we have," you point to the computer next to you, turning your attention to the screen and clicking through to where you need to look.

The girl walks around the rack while you're preoccupied, looking around with interest as she steps up to the counter. She leans down, resting her elbow on the table and putting her head in her palm.