CH-8: 1st Assignment

It's been rather strenuous and difficult for TurboRacer and most of those in Bootcamp. He and most of the others have been through the wringer no thanks to none other than Sentinel Prime himself, and the cadets were doing everything they can to keep going. Among them all, TurboRacer was definitely feeling the pain of the training, but he wasn't going to stop and fall. Some of the 'Bots think he's just too stubborn to give in and admit defeat.

~*~*~

After a hard long week, TurboRacer was now resting his aching joints as he sits on a metal crate

After a hard long week, TurboRacer was now resting his aching joints as he sits on a metal crate. He had been worked down to his aching joints, hydraulic oil and Energon almost leaking out of his joints and parts across his body. His jet boosters were also smoking out from being overworked, almost threatening to burn out.

"Turbo, you need to tell Sentinel he's pushing you too far. Even the others are in agreement." Scarlet-Falcon said to him, all the while helping with repairing him.

"Scarlet is right, Turbo. You might not last much longer here." Chromia agreed with the cycle-femme.

"I know. But I cannot give into Sentinel's words or his demeanour." TurboRacer grunted as his joints creak and groan in pain. "But I must push myself forth and prove myself to him."

"Prove yourself to him? What in Sparks has gotten into you?" Scarlet-Falcon asked to him in bewilderment. "What on Cybertron has happened to you? What are you trying to prove?"

"I just want to prove Sentinel wrong. He has spoken nothing but slag about both Bulkhead and Bumblebee, saying they're failures but they're not." TurboRacer winced as his body shuddered, his boosters whining and shutting down with a dull metallic thud. "Ouch..."

"We know Bumblebee and Bulkhead aren't failures." Ironhide spoke up. "Sentinel is just throwing his anger out at us."

"And I'm not happy about it." TurboRacer grunted out.

"You need to rest. That's all I have to say." Moonracer added in.

Just then, Sentinel walked in, the cadets now standing to their feet and saluting at once, TurboRacer thought doing it rather slowly. Sentinel gave a nod of his helm to the cadets as they relax and he made his way up to TurboRacer, the blue/black mech settling down on the crate.

"TurboRacer. You have been given this assignment." Sentinel now hands the Autobot a notice. "About 24 cycles from now after you've recovered, you're to meet up with Autobot Springer on the far side of the planet. Orders come from Ultra Magnus directly. Your report back will determine whether your conversion is worth the Energon." With that, he made his way out of the cadets barracks.

"Wonder what that was about?" Scarlet-Falcon asked to TurboRacer, who shrugged back in response.

"I really don't know. But right now, I'm going to take some time to rest and recover before I get going on this assignment tomorrow." TurboRacer answered back before limping off over to his place to recover.