Chapter 38: Fight

Alaiya's POV:

This summer has been absolutely perfect.

The girls and I have been able to talk whenever and wherever since we live under the same roof. If any arguments happen or anything in general, we could literally walk up or down the steps and find each other. The kids are having a blast. They love hanging out with each other and now it's a daily privilege. One day, Autumn and Violet will spend the entire day swimming and watching movies, and another day, Hope, Aria, Autumn, and Violet will all play a bunch of games and get us involved too before having a sleepover with cookies.

The guys enjoy each other's company too no matter how much they won't admit it. Okay, yes, there is an argument every five seconds, but I think that's love. It has to be. Also, I like to find little things and make them adorable. For example, a few days ago, I saw Legend and Roman teaming up to help Ellie study for her SAT.

Cutest. Thing. Ever!

Roman told me to shut up when I brought it up though. Did I? Absolutely not.

Sadly, our time here is almost up. In a week, we'll all be back in our own houses. I say that as if one of them won't just drop by our house randomly the next day. Thankfully, we all live not too far from each other so I'm not too upset about the change.

I'm still pretty upset though.

Tonight is my release party for my new book. It's something I've been slowly working on, but suddenly got the motivation a while ago to finally finish and edit, and here we are.

The one thing that stays between us is how I got my inspiration.

Every writer writes from a place in their heart in my opinion. Even if it is tragic, that tragedy could still be important to the author. Or maybe it's just me. This book that I wrote isn't just a random idea I had one day.

Remember that journal I used to write in during college where I would just put down my thoughts? Well, it had a lot of details in it. My life with my parents, my life with Carson, my life with my depression and anxiety, my life with my eating disorder-all of it was in the multiple journals I kept.

I don't think I'm ready to read anything before Carson. It was hard enough reading things about when I was with him. Although, one thing I didn't realize is how much I wrote about Roman in said journals. And usually, I don't express my feelings in words since it's hard for me, but I thought of an idea.

My new book characters are nothing like us. Different looks, different personalities, and different lives. The only thing that relates to us is how the girl feels about the guy.

Turns out, writing my feelings down is easier than actually saying them out loud. So, I took all the things I have ever felt about Roman and turned them into the way the girl character felt about the guy. Will I ever tell him that it's about him? Absolutely not. Actually,...maybe. One day. I mean, it's not like he's going to read it. I think he only reads the books I'm reading with me and that's it. He supports me of course with my career. Reading, I believe, just isn't one of his hobbies.

"Are you excited?" Ivy sings, setting down the outfit she chose from my closet. Oh, never mind. It's from hers'. I was about to be a little shocked that she picked something from my wardrobe. She usually ends up giving me one of her designs since nothing I own 'speaks to her' as it should.

It's a black top with straps as thin as a stick with matching black slacks and a black suit coat. Aisha said to dress to the best of my ability, but also not too dressy but also professional. Ivy matched that perfectly which doesn't shock anyone.