Chapter 52:

ALEX

"Aleeeex!"

A shrill voice made me got up in shock.

"God, Audrey. Can you lower down your your voice? Para kang tansan na kiniskis sa pader. Nakaka ngilo ka!"

She pouted and sat in front me. She crossed her arms and did not talk.

"Oh bakit, ano yung sasabihin mo. Bat di ka nagsasalita?"

She made face and still did not talk.

I rolled my eyes and said "sabi ko hinaan mo boses mo, not mute okay. Ano ba kasi sasabihin mo at marami pa akong gagawin ngayong araw"

"Si doc Eli na awakened na!"

"Talaga?!!!" Napasigaw ako sa tuwa.

"Ikaw nga dyan makasigaw, para kang---"

"Dyosa. Alam ko na yan" hinigop ko na ang natitirang sabaw at mabilis na tumakbo paalis.

Napangisi ako ng marinig ang naiinis na sigaw ni Audrey.

Pagdating ko Medical cabin and saw Dr. Elle crying. I stopped and stood at the door.

She looked at me with red eyes. I took a step and hugged her. "I'm sorry, doc"

She shook her head. "It's my own choice. I'm sorry sa mga nasabi ko Alex. Hindi ko lang talaga matanggap na giniveup ko yung kapatid ko. Tapos eto after awakening, gantong ability pa ang nakuha ko. Sabihin mo nga, bakit ako pinaparusahan ng Diyos? Huuuu"

I gave her a sympathetic look. "Did you awakened, regeneration ability?"

"Y-Yes.. If i didn't kill him, i should be able to heal him and be normal person again. Why is this happening to me?"

I sighed and closed my eyes. Silently asking forgiveness. I can't go back. Not now.

"Doc, everything has a reason. Hindi ko rin alam. the world is cruel and maybe it's the best for him to leave early"

She wipe her tears and smiled sadly. "You are right. Since i have this ability, i should give the others hope, that we did'nt get before. Atleast, save someone like my brother"

I nod and agreed. "Take a rest first and upgrade your ability later"

"Thank you, Alex"

I smiled at her and turn around to leave.

I hope you won't resent me when you found out that i have means to help but did not chose too.

"Boss, are you okay?" Avery asked worriedly. Her uniform is wet with sweat. Mukhang kagagaling lang sa training.

"No, i just feel bad about Doc Eli. You should know that his brother chose to die because of his disability para hindi maging pabigat sa Ate nya. Who would know that she will awakened regeneration ability! It's as if the heaven is mocking her"

Avery was shocked "really? That's terrible. If it were me. I'll go nuts"

"Yes, i know. Kumusta pala ang training? You only have less than 2 weeks"

"Boss, pinapaalis mo na kami?" She faked a hurt face making me rolled my eyes.

"Don't forget you still have Virgo base to run!"

"Hindi ko nakakalimutan, boss. Sa totoo lang gusto ko talaga mag stay dito. But i promised that we will come back. And Our strength triples and almost half of the team awakened!"

I was surprise for a moment and smiled bitterly. "Good for you. More than half of my schoolmates are not yet awakened"

Her eyes widened in shock. "How can that be. You have such miraculous training area and abundant crystals!"